Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25,492 Posts
I didn't see it before it got taken down. what exactly did it say?
It said it was Stalin's personal rifle (it was what looked to be a repro PU sniper) that later belonged to Putin, and was stolen after a hunting trip wher Putin killed multiple tigers with it. Then it was shipped to the US and sold to the seller at a gun show. Here is the kicker, he wanted no less than $4,500 for his rifle/story!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
The Tiger Guide was on "Soviet Hoarders" and his demise in the Ukraine had his wife litterally 'clean house' and brought about the early 90's imports of M-44's and later M-91/30s referbus were buying now.

Aparently the Soviet Military just threw away all their Mosins when they had enough AK's and no revolutionary worth his pride would start a fight with a bolt action.....so they were all shipped to a centreal dump where the Tiger Guide had a part time job and just took them all home after his shift one day......Stalins Rifle sat next to Mao's over his mantle apparently..........

The next episode is about the Soviet Airforce general that took home all the Mig Floggers.......

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
It said it was Stalin's personal rifle (it was what looked to be a repro PU sniper) that later belonged to Putin, and was stolen after a hunting trip wher Putin killed multiple tigers with it. Then it was shipped to the US and sold to the seller at a gun show. Here is the kicker, he wanted no less than $4,500 for his rifle/story!:laugh:
If such a rifle did exist, you'd have to add at least another zero to the price!

·
Silver Bullet member
36,339 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy Rasputin's Browning 1900?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is the text from the actual post. I didn't get the picture before they took the post down but the gun looked like a typcial repro sniper.

"This was said to belong to Joseph Stalin, the mean dude from Russia back in the day. He slayed several people with it, and it even comes with the original bayonet. I did clean it real good and his original pouch and oil can. He passed this on to on the Russian leaders and it was recently stolen from Putin while he was on a hunting trip in Uganda. He killed several vicious tigers with it before it was jacked by one of the local tribesman. It was brought by boat, back to America and I was lucky to pick it up at a gun show at a steal. I'm not taking a penny less than $4500. Price is firm, cash talks - No fuds or know it alls. This thing is legit."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.