Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Awesome shooting! That's really nice. Any idea why did you missed that 9th shot?
I think I had the pointer a bit too far to the left and got on the trigger a little too quick unfortunately. Obviously I can’t blame the rifle lol

Great job with that Swede! Awesome video

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I think I had the pointer a bit too far to the left and got on the trigger a little too quick unfortunately. Obviously I can’t blame the rifle lol

Great job with that Swede! Awesome video
Yeah, i'm going back to Mosin on the next one, shooting this Swede is cheating! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, i'm going back to Mosin on the next one, shooting this Swede is cheating! :ROFLMAO:
That looked way too easy, you sure that target wasn't at 100?? Lol

Seriously though great video, I hope we'll get to see something similar for the Mosin attempts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That looked way too easy, you sure that target wasn't at 100?? Lol

Seriously though great video, I hope we'll get to see something similar for the Mosin attempts
For sure man. This challenge is tons of fun! I just finished accurizing one of my PU snipers and finally got scope and mount in order. I will try to roll with it next!

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If you guys come to the world championship steel challenge in Henry county Tennessee, you can try your luck at 850 yards in the match and move out to 1200 if so desired !!
Are you guys shooting at IPSC size target at 1200? That's a long shot for that round. Very cool.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Rob,

None of these targets are mine!!
I Wish I could claim even the lowest score! LOL!!
No, some were shot on Antti's new range and the rest were shot by Civil Guard members between the wars.
But! I Am itching to try out a Tikka 1942, plus my old faithful Lotta M 24 at this range.
You will note that there are 30 shots on some targets, and apparently 50 rounds on some.
We Do hold a version of the Simo Hayha sniper course each January, where our shots are between 175 m and 500 metres, (open sights) but would Love to do more at 300 metres! (330 yds approx)
Seems I come alive when it comes to shooting period targets and using the period rifles. LOL!
Please forgive if I mislead in any way.

Richard.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Rob,

None of these targets are mine!!
I Wish I could claim even the lowest score! LOL!!
No, some were shot on Antti's new range and the rest were shot by Civil Guard members between the wars.
But! I Am itching to try out a Tikka 1942, plus my old faithful Lotta M 24 at this range.
You will note that there are 30 shots on some targets, and apparently 50 rounds on some.
We Do hold a version of the Simo Hayha sniper course each January, where our shots are between 175 m and 500 metres, (open sights) but would Love to do more at 300 metres! (330 yds approx)
Seems I come alive when it comes to shooting period targets and using the period rifles. LOL!
Please forgive if I mislead in any way.

Richard.
Richard, i figured black and white pictures were from "old days". I was just asking about "color picture" shooting. Ha!
Either way, thank you very much for posting these old pictures. I love this stuff!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Rob,

I think the new photos were from CH's (Antti's ) thread on the range they built a year or so ago. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.
I too Love this stuff!!!

Rob,

Here is a link to a related thread, wherein Antti explains the Civil Guard targets etc;

I'll look for the other one about building the range.

Best,
R.

Edited to add the thread about the new range built by Antti and associates;
Very interesting targets, well explained!! Good stuff to read when you can't be shooting, Rob and all!

I could read this every week and not get tired of it! :)

Again edited to add a link to our last winter War shoot. More target info in there from Antti, and lots of photos, for when you can't be shooting!

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Rob,

I think the new photos were from CH's (Antti's ) thread on the range they built a year or so ago. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.
I too Love this stuff!!!

Rob,

Here is a link to a related thread, wherein Antti explains the Civil Guard targets etc;

I'll look for the other one about building the range.

Best,
R.

Edited to add the thread about the new range built by Antti and associates;
Very interesting targets, well explained!! Good stuff to read when you can't be shooting, Rob and all!

I could read this every week and not get tired of it! :)

Again edited to add a link to our last winter War shoot. More target info in there from Antti, and lots of photos, for when you can't be shooting!

Outstanding! Thank you for digging this out!
I love events like this. This really keeps the spirit of marksmanship going! I think in recent years, shooting community was hijacked little bit by all those "7 yard line speed drills" and dropped the ball on marksmanship. It's refreshing to see that people still care about extended range shooting.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts