Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Absolutely gorgeous. Any story, or how it was acquired?
I bought it from a collector around 2008/2009 period he was selling his small collection of German Sniper Rifles .
I bought this SSDC , 100% matching SINGLE CLAW and a 100% Matching HT with BMJ both these Rifles are now in collections of 2 GB Members . I am not at liberty to give names but I will say both have replied to this thread .

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought it from a collector around 2008/2009 period he was selling his small collection of German Sniper Rifles .
I bought this SSDC , 100% matching SINGLE CLAW and a 100% Matching HT with BMJ both these Rifles are now in collections of 2 GB Members . I am not at liberty to give names but I will say both have replied to this thread .
So Mike and msniper. Who got which one? Lol

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
I got zip. I get Dave's rifles after he gets somewhere else most of the time, and am happy if can get one. I suspect an ssDC is not in my future, too expensive. I was bi-passed on my SCs but the effort is considerable. The DC snagged by another nice member was in my home town and it hurt. I offered a 69 firebird worth about 13K, no scope, and I lost. We can not win them all and win few on SSI.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Simply stunning. Impossible to upgrade. I know it from older pics, but can't get enough of seeing it. Thank you for posting it - and if you find time share more of your beauties!

Edit: is there an Axx number on the rear scope ring? If yes, what is it?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Simply stunning. Impossible to upgrade. I know it from older pics, but can't get enough of seeing it. Thank you for posting it - and if you find time share more of your beauties!

Edit: is there an Axx number on the rear scope ring? If yes, what is it?
No AXX on Rear Mount the Scope Tube has the Serial Number , this SSDC SSZZA4/SSZZA2 and the other I use to own which is Ser#8243 both are devoid of any WaA63 Proof marks and No Scope Serial #s on Rear Ring . The Scope on these SSZZA4/SSZZA2 SSDC have the Scope Serial # on the underside of the Tube just between the Rear Ring & Rear Lens Housing the Scope to my SSDC is number A48 and Scope on SSDC 8243 is number A234 .

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yes, as Dave point out, it would appear that early Double Claw scopes have the number on the scope tube instead of the ring.
Wanted to make sure it is the same as on mine. A459 also still has the serial on the tube whereas A778 already has it on the mount. So the switch must had happened somewhere in between. Plus as you had pointed out, those that have the serial number on the rings also have Eagle 63 acceptance on both of them.

Anyone has a scope in between? Would be interesting to see where exactly they switched over from serial on tube to serial on scope rings.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,609 Posts
Wanted to make sure it is the same as on mine. A459 also still has the serial on the tube whereas A778 already has it on the mount. So the switch must had happened somewhere in between. Plus as you had pointed out, those that have the serial number on the rings also have Eagle 63 acceptance on both of them.

Anyone has a scope in between? Would be interesting to see where exactly they switched over from serial on tube to serial on scope rings.
Georg, good idea. I had started a thread on the K98k forum a couple years back asking people to post their DC scope serial numbers. I'll try and find it as I think it would be a good start to this project.

Edit: Here it is

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thanks! Didn't remember that thread, despite having participated in there. Funny to read the discussions from "back then", especially now that it is a fact that Waffenwerke Brünn assembled the sniper rifles and SSZZA2 was only accepting then, plus knowing the total contract was for 5000 of these sniper rifles. Looking back at this thread it would indicate your scope was part of that 5000 sniper rifle contract, but somehow was put aside, for whatever reason.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,609 Posts
Thanks! Didn't remember that thread, despite having participated in there. Funny to read the discussions from "back then", especially now that it is a fact that Waffenwerke Brünn assembled the sniper rifles and SSZZA2 was only accepting then, plus knowing the total contract was for 5000 of these sniper rifles. Looking back at this thread it would indicate your scope was part of that 5000 sniper rifle contract, but somehow was put aside, for whatever reason.
Yes I was laugh at us talking about them being depot built rifles. Clearly not the case. We need to post that new information in that thread so people who find it will know the truth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.