Gunboards Forums banner

SS Pin Tumblers??

504 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stevenjay1 
#1 ·
My old rock tumbler has given up the ghost and instead of fixing it again I though I'd get a new one. I'm not high usage and you do get what you pay for. I've seen some that are in the $100 to $125 ish range. The one I'm looking at is the
National metallic Rotary Case Tumbler. (Midway has them) Does anyone have any first hand experience with this tumbler? My old one was a used Lortone 12 Qt.

Thanks, Steve

#3 ·
Thanks for the info but I'm not into building my own. I do have a small one from harbor freight for <100 pistol but I do shoot a lot of 223 and that is what I need a larger tumbler for. Steve

#5 ·
I'll tell you what I have the Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler (little one) and absolutely love it. I don't know what your budget it is but I think it's worth it. I don't use the little PITA SS pins. I only use Dawn dish soap and LemiShine. Very happy with that setup. BTW I just sold my old vibratory tumblers a week ago because I so pleased with the F-A. Good luck in your search.

#6 · (Edited)
I looked at the FA but went with the National metallic Rotary Case Tumbler I mentioned in my original post. Arrived today and it looks good and will use it within the next few days. This tumbler was 110 bucks and since I'm in my mid 70's this should last me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.