Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bulllet Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time it has happened to me, but took my No4 out for a shoot today & 5th round was a click, then nothing.

Waited a minute then ejected an empty case, sure enough the projectile is stuck fairly close to the breech.

I gave it a light tap with a cleaning rod, but it won't move easily & I don't want to start banging away at it & risk any damage.

I have looked through Eleanori's thread on his obstruction to get some ideas, but his seems a lot more complex than this one. I first thought wooden dowel, but someone on the other thread advised against it.

Anyone had this situation before that could offer some advice ?, I am thinking it couldn't be jammed in there that hard with only the force of the primer behind it.

TIA, Dave.

·
Gold Bulllet Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to find something of a suitable size and try that. I just measured it & it looks like it barely left the casing, so with a bit of lube I should be right. Thanks Bindi2

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Dont need any lube it has barely entered the rifling. An old range cleaning rod will do or if you hunt by walking you will need one of those screw together jobs. But dont forget square ends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts