Gunboards Forums banner

Squib loads and 1928a1 Thompson

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  1gewehr 
right, we're gonna load 100 rds per hour, and shoot 900 rds per minute! :) let me know how that works out. If you can afford a $15,000 Tommy gun, you can afford a $1000 Dillon progressive loading press, which has a powder checking position, and shuts down the press if it detects anything that's out of spec. Better figure on "mining' the dirt berms for lead and casting your own bullets, with a Star progressive sizer-luber. google for a forum called "cast boolits"

there's too much variation in case and bullet weights for weighing each rd. anytime you get a weird discharge, of course, you look down the BORE. the chamber, by itself, tells you little or nothing.

ww2, I think it was, Frankfort Arsenal had to check millions of rds for bad loads. they rigged up a canvas, rolling ramp, and it was 100% at finding the rds without powder charges. Centrical force made the uncharged rds fall off of the opposite side of the ramp as the in-spec ammo.

I didn't say how MANY minutes. :) you aint got enough mags to keep it running for even one minute, that's sad. Maybe you'll have to sell it and downgrade to a Sten? Since it's just noisemaking, why not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.