Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Careful, guys, I don't want word to get out about Carcano quality until I've acquired a few more cheap. Anyway, the 7.35 SR I have is well made and accurate. Pretty sure it came from Finland; it does not have the SA stamp but does have the taller front sight. Muzzle is counter-bored, so it saw some use.

· Registered
192 Posts
Like the schnabel forend on the cut-down stock. At least Bubba had an artistic side. Nice looking, practical hunting/plinking rifle. Does it have the taller front sight blade? I know these rifles were designed for 128-gr bullets, but mine seem to shoot better w/150 grainers--when I can find them.

· Registered
192 Posts
Yes, do look around. A couple years ago I was in a little gun 'n bait shop in Norfolk, NE, when I spied a familiar piece of wood. It was a new military replacement stock for a Carcano M38 short rifle. It was fully inletted but the exterior was rough--kinda like some of the stocks from Boyd's. It obviously had never been on a rifle. It was made of beech and had a couple places where knots (I presume) were removed and replaced with glued-in wood plugs. It had no markings, but due to the less than perfect blank it had come from, I suspected late war Italian make or possibly post war manufacture in the Balkans, Middle East, or North Africa. The shop owner had taken it in trade with a box of odds and ends and did not even know what rifle it was for. Got it cheap and sold it to a member here shortly thereafter.

So yes, they're out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.