Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up locally for $50.00. Nicely done sporterized Mosin Nagant Rifle if there is such a thing. Just one problem. It appears to me this USED TO BE a 1928 M91 Dragoon with a 1917 Tula Recvr. Barrel is marked 1928. M91 blade sight is still intact. Cute little turned down bolt handle. Barrel has the arrow in the triangle mark. Might it be an Izzy?. Whoever cut down this piece had no idea what they had. Best I could do is obtain it and appreciate what it used to be. Bore is solid with thick landings / rifling. No numbers match. Adjuster on rear M91 sight is missing. I tried to contact Reichs Outfitters on other items and he has yet to respond. I would like to get a slide piece for the rear sight or a complete M91 rear sight for this little beast. I think it will shoot well. Unfortunately none of us were in the nick of time to save this one. Check the photos. All comments are welcome. Cheers / Mgfrd

·
Gold Bullet member
11,301 Posts
A real pity. The front sight is not original. The barrel was shortened, too. This looks like one of the many cut-down M91's and dragoons that all have a similar front sight blade.

It's worth about what you paid, at least. If it shoots well, it would be a good brush gun for deer.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Nicely done sporterized Mosin Nagant Rifle if there is such a thing.
i'm sure there is such a thing, but i would not say so in this case. bubba hacked the barrel and sawed the front end off the stock....gee wiz, he must have put his heart and soul into making this rifle look nice! (not)

nice grab for 50 bucks, though. might make a neat project gun.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Another comment

Forgot to mention the following. The bolt opens and locks close Real tight and stiff. Might this indicate the head space is too tight. Thanks again. Mgfrd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts