Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I'm new to the forum, wasn't sure where to post this, so here I am. Let me know if I've erred.
I'm looking for information on people's experiences with these rifles, particularly the 22 models.
I realize that these models aren't particular familiar in North America, but any insights will do.
I've got a Sportco Martini Targetmaster, which I think is a rebadged BSA Martini 310 Cadet or perhaps even a BSA 12/15.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
The .22 target rifles as put out by BSA and others are very popular in the states. I have 2 one is a 12/15 and the other is a Canadian marked .22. Have shot the BSA a lot and really like how it shoots. The Canadian is a project in the works. If you would like more info try rimfirecentral.com and scroll down to the martini forum. Frank

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
29,081 Posts
Some folks at the Lee-Enfield forum know a bit about these. Try there, too.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yep, have half a dozen Sportco model 44's, turned the target game on it's head when first released in 1968, as a matter of fact I'm still collecting S/N's for my research into them.
John, I think I have yours, but Hagar, would appreciate yours unless you have given it to me before.
Also have a Hornet and a Model 33 .222.

There were quite a few .22's, the model 10, 10a, 40,43,46,310,320,61,62a,63a,63b,66d,66s...all bolt action, 71a,71s,73a,73b......semi auto, Clubman target, Huntsman......, and the Martini conversions.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
An older thread but a good one. The best versions of the Sportco Clubman bolt action were fitted with Parker Hale sights, PH17 at the rear and the PH1 tunnel at the front.

The link below to the catalogue gives details. Interesting that this rifle has a 27" barrel, something you won't find on any modern target .22 rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.