Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,688 Posts
There is a heavy duty gas grenade this carbine will launch 700yards and a 'explosiv' grenade (flash bang!) as well... We will never see those imported to the USA. But the regular flares are still fun!! I shot my RV 85 today with parachute, smoke, Red cluster, and single Green star flares today. Works like a champ. You can put those smoke flares right where you want them at 200yards or so. Parachute and star flares go a bit higher in the sky from the carbine vs. the flare pistol.

There is Black Powder in those flares for sure....so a HOT water clean up is a must. My Carbine shows a few pits on one side of the breach ring from corrosive blow back @ testing. Covered by Bluing so maybe they proof these in the "white"?

These are a great "curio" and my collection is pretty darn eclectic...so this fits!

· Registered
8,688 Posts
Note: Do not..... DO NOT use the steel "tornado" type brush in the RV 85 tool kit to clean your bore! You don't need it and it will scratch your shinny bore from chamber to muzzle.

· Registered
8,688 Posts
Are the bores chrome lined in these?

I'm assuming you used the tornado brush and it scratched the bore.......I wonder why they would make that part of the cleaning kit if it scratches the metal like that.....
Yes the bores are Chrome and yes the issue brush put bore to chamber light scratches in that chrome finish. Just cosmetic really and understand, it does not ruin the function or "accuracy" of this smooth bore launcher in the least. I guess it was some one's idea that these brushes are needed to get the black powder junk out of the bore. Hot soappy water would have been more than enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.