Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am also looking to sell/trade a Finnish Army marked Dragoon rifle, dated 1927. SPF Will sell for $180 shipped in Con US.
The bolt and barrel match. It is SA marked in 2 places and the Soviet crest has been scrubbed. The stock has been refinished with a very hard clear coating. The bluing is good as you can see from the pics. The bore is rough. The grooves are very dark and pitted with debris. The rifling is starting to pick up a bit of shine to it but has heavy frosting on it. I have only cleaned it a few times and have not done a shoot and clean session. It may clean up a bit better but will never be a really good bore in my opinion, but who knows I have never done a shoot and clean. This rifle has been talked about here...
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=3734

Trades, open to a lot. WW2 and earlier rifles, pistols, bayonets... try me. A VERY nice Turk mauser might pry the Dragoon away.

Money can be added on either side of trade for whatever is agreed upon.
Needs to go to FFL/C&R. Postal Money Order only, to be received in 7 days from 'I'll take it'.

PM me or email me for discussions or offers, use the board or email at [email protected] I will be selling the rifle if nothing pans out.
Thanks

SPF Selling it for $340 shipped Con US
I have a well used and worn Finnish Model 27 ski/bike troop rifle that I would like to trade. It is 1928 dated. Bolt is matching. Barrel is counter bored.
It has the front side mount sling swivel and has the early bayonet band without the popsickle sticks. It has a one piece black walnut stock that looks Finn refurbed.
The bolt has a winged bolt connector. It has little bluing and is certainly well used. The well worn sling will come with the rifle.
Here is the bad part. The bore is mostly bright with strong rifling but has frosting/pitting at the muzzle end. I have not shot this rifle, so I do not know of it's accuracy. But it is D marked and you can use surplus ammo.

I am selling a M27,
This one is a 1930 dated Tikka. Matching bolt. It is in a very nice Finn M91/30 stock. I am not sure if it was done this way by the Finns or not. but leaning towards not. The import mark is different from both those of normal M27s and Finn M91/30 stocked M27s.
The fore end of the stock has a slight twist to it bringing it up and covering half of the import mark. If it was not warped it might all be showing. As it is impossible to prove one way or the other I will sell it as if in wrong stock.
The bore has nice rifling with what looks like little patches of dried cosmo or debris in them. Besides that, I can see no pitting and the bore is pretty nice, but not mirror bright. It has a very shallow counter bore to it.
I will sell this one for SPF. 260 shipped
And the other stipulations for the rifle below pertain to this one as well.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
How about a Longbranch No. 4 and some boot.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vic,
I am sorry to say that Enfields don't really excite me too much recently. So will have to respectfully decline your offer. But thanks for the interest, there hasn't been much on this one.

How about a Longbranch No. 4 and some boot.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
OK I'll trade a dead squirrel and Bob from St. Luois's pink poodle for it-

·
Gold Bullet member
11,316 Posts
Greg, that is a good deal on the first M27. Wish I had the funds.

For any of you on the fence about the first one, it is a good deal. The sling alone is worth $25-35.

Greg, any trade interests?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Earl,
I was looking for Swiss Lg1911s to trade but I just sold the first one, so now I will be able to buy one I guess. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
How about a trade for a 1910 mexican mauser?

Sgt LaBelle

"March or Die"

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
Hey Greg, I have a nice Swiss 96/11 to trade. I think my 1930 and 1928 M27's are pretty nice so might not be up for either of these but always interested in other Finn stuff. Just hollar if your looking for one.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris, I hope that rifle I sent to you got there OK. Didn't hear anything yet. I will have to see what else Finn I have that I might let go.
Sgt LaBelle, thanks for your offer. I will have to decline though, I really don't have any interest in that rifle. thanks though.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
How about a swiss 1896/11? Also have a spare swiss K31 pioneer bayonet. Let me know if your interested in either.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Both M27s are sold pending funds. Dragoon is still available. Might have a couple more rifles to put up here. Will have to think about it. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Email sent possible trade for1927 Finn marked Dragoon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts