Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody know what speed loaders would work for an Enfield N2Mk1**?

None of the speed loaders available locally seem too mention them on the packaging, but that may be because they are so rare these days.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Try HKS speedloader for .38 S&W K Frame or Colt Diamondback/Detective Special. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Would anybody know what speed loaders would work for an Enfield N2Mk1**?

None of the speed loaders available locally seem too mention them on the packaging, but that may be because they are so rare these days.
Not to be facetious, but there was a Prudeaux loader for the six chambered Mk III and IV revolvers in .38 caliber. (And of course, the eight-chambered ones for the Fosbery).

The Prudeaux works like a champ, but is considerably more valuable than the Enfield!

Dan S.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to be facetious, but there was a Prudeaux loader for the six chambered Mk III and IV revolvers in .38 caliber. (And of course, the eight-chambered ones for the Fosbery).

The Prudeaux works like a champ, but is considerably more valuable than the Enfield!

Dan S.
Is that the one that they developed for the self-indexing revolver?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it was just a commercial product sized to the prewar II service weapon.
I looked it up. Prideaux loaders, used with the Fosbery semi-automatic would deliver about the same volumn of fire as most magazine-loaders when used right.

It was, however, rather a complicated weapons system at a time when training massive units of soldiers at one time was a major concern and manufacturing was simplified to the greatest extent possible to provide enough weapons.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
Prideaux quick loaders were common in WW1 for the standard .455 Webley revolver and there was a leather pouch for them. they even made it to WW2 Unfortunately when Parliament banned handguns, dealers saw no reason to retain them, and most were binned. I have seen exactly ONE on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the ammo i have found so far was Fiocci at $35 a box. I see empty spots on the shelves in the big sporting goods stores marked for other brands, but they never seem to be able to keep it in stock for very long. The two ammo dealers who had any at the gun show where I bought the weapon say they just about always sell out of .38 S&W when they can get it.

More likely cowboy action shooters than milsurp shooters, I would think.

Can I cut down .38 Special brass and reload my own?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Hello Leftysergeant. I hear you! I see empty spaces on shelves also. I do see alot of Webley,Enfield and S&W revolvers in this caliber but NO AMMO! I'm not sure if you can use 38spc rounds for reloading. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did some googling around and it looks like .38spl is of smaller than .38S&W, so I won't even attempt it.

Somebody is missing the boat on this one. There is a market for the ammo if somebody would start making it. Every firearms related board I have found seems to be complaining about the shortage.

·
Silver Bullet member
648 Posts
I just loaded 650 rounds of 38 S&W in 2 powder loads..one for my Webley's etc and a lesser one for my H&R's IJ's and Lemon squeezers etc. I need to cast 300 more bullets as I have almost 300 new Starline cases left to use.
Order you some starline brass. they only produce it when there are enough orders to make a run.You can use regular .38 cast bullets although they dont shoot to point of impact. I believe that you could load this ammo on an inexpensive press tho I use a different method. correct size bullets are avilable from one bullet mfgr..depends on how bad you want to shoot. This is a very lowpressure round and not to bad to start reloading on if you don't already.

Be the first one on your block!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Did some googling around and it looks like .38spl is of smaller than .38S&W, so I won't even attempt it.

Somebody is missing the boat on this one. There is a market for the ammo if somebody would start making it. Every firearms related board I have found seems to be complaining about the shortage.
Check out site sponsor AIM Surplus. They had .38 S&W as of yesterday & it was very reasonably priced .......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.