Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a gun show last weekend and found a very special M91/59 at a table there. It was a special Moscow Honor Guard model. The card by it stated it was one of only 5000 ever made and that they were only made in 1942.

Of course, the guy had it priced to match it's rarity! I couldn't even stop to look at it for fear I would break out laughing.

I did find a Peter the Great imperial 1916 M91, so the show wasn't a waste. I think I shook my head at the special 91/59 most of the way home.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sad thing is some new guy will make a post about his "Special Moscow Honor Guard model" that he just got at a gunshow and wants to know how good of a deal he got.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
We can only hope that the newbie does come here to ask.
That way he'll learn from the vast knowledge here and never get ripped off again.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Did it have the serial number with non-Cyrillic prefix on the left side of the receiver? Could be a VN bringback special Moscow Honor Guard model. Galaxieman, pass the beef, please.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Galaxieman, pass the beef, please.
Piggy right now..... and probably for the next couple days.
Mmmm 14 lbs of yummy tangy pulled pork samiches!:p

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm!!!! Special Honor Guard yummy tangy pulled pork samiches!!! Always eat that good in lower Slobovia?

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
:) My 7th grade teacher, tough but cool old school guy, used to use 'lower Slabovia" in place of, 'bum f*** Egypt'.

BTW the bone wasn't chromed so I guess it's not honor guard pork!:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, no chrome. Of course the guy would have probably been asking more if it was chromed. Then it might have become from an elite unit of the honor guard!!

You guys are making me hungry.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,289 Posts
Honour gaurd M44... WOW that is right up there with the "prototype M38"... ie M91/59 !!! LOL.... wait doesent 59 come after 38? ROTFL

·
Registered
212 Posts
The bad part is that's a gunowner that doesn't know anything (or is just crooked). Either way, it's a sad testament. The antigunners know even less and want to call all of us stupid. Maybe someone should have turned him on to the facts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe someone should have turned him on to the facts?
tojones,

I actually thought about letting him know that his information was wrong, but it has been my experience that people that have things written down and displayed (or even stated verbally in front of others) are wedded to them and don't take correction well.

As stated before, he either has bought into his story, or he knows he is telling a story. Either way, I doubt he would have welcomed any rain on his parade.

I guess it all goes back to "buyer beware" and that you need to know what you are looking at. It's like others have said "don't buy the story, buy the gun".

·
Silver Bullet member
1,289 Posts
+1

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ducatisti,
You are probably right. You can't fix stupid (borrowed from Ron White), but I often find myself trying anyway. It must be a character flaw I have.

No offense intended, hopefully none taken.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Rember that post of mine a few weeks ago? The one about the "Kremlin Rifle" that had a M44 on the end of a 91/30 and the cz52 wwII production pistol. Here's a hint to you all --the seller has" BUCKEYE " on their FFL.
I was half tempted to complain to the gun show promoter on that one --since it makes the rest of us there look bad and can ruin the shows reputation as being a decent place to visit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
As stated before, he either has bought into his story, or he knows he is telling a story. Either way, I doubt he would have welcomed any rain on his parade.
It's probably one of those Classic Arms jobby's. If you call them, they'l tell you if they did any 91/59's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ducatisti,
You are probably right. You can't fix stupid (borrowed from Ron White), but I often find myself trying anyway. It must be a character flaw I have.

No offense intended, hopefully none taken.
No offense taken. As I said, I thought about correcting the misinformation but didn't want the hassle. I guess I don't have that character flaw (although you shouldn't ask my wife about that!)!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts