Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

Did not visit here for a looooong time, nothing to show or ask.

But now I have something real strange! A spanish knockoff of a Nagant M1910.
OK, ist looks mostly like M1910 but with several technical differences.
Fist, it is NOT gas sealing, the cylinder does not move, it looks like the spanish copie of S&W Revolvers in 8mm Lebel.
It is also NOT chambered for 7,62x38R Nagant, but stamed cal7,65. First I belived, that it ment 7,65Browning aka .32ACP, but the chamers of the cylinder are longer, so a .32 S&W Long is a perfect fit, be it chamber length or rim thickness.
Barrel slugs at 7,67mm land to 7,90mm groove, chamber exits are 8,15, wich also is OK for .32S&W Long.
There are spanish Revolver proofe marks dated 1943 on it.
First range session came up with the fact, that it shoots 75cm LOW. And barrel is loose to.
The grips Show F.A. Trademark and a star. There is stamp SILESIA on the Frame.

Now did anyone ever came across such a thing?????

·
Gold Bullet member
459 Posts
Only STAR, ASTRA and LLAMA were allowed to produce guns after 1939, and that thing was not made by any of them....... don't think that revolver is made in Spain..... but is a curious gun, that's true.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it was spanisch proofe marks, will take some Pictures from them today. Date stamp is the N with the wave on top, so it was done in 1943.
Can anyone tell me more about the SILESIA Stamp?

The barrel Problem is fixed already, it was just not properly installed, now it is.
Will clean it and take new Pictures this afternoon.

·
Gold Bullet member
459 Posts
The date stamp means it was proofed on that year, but not necessarily made. That revolver could have been made decades before, and just legalized in Spain that year by going through the Eibar Proof House, it's a common procedure.

Don't know about the SILESIA stamp, but that name corresponds to a state now in Poland.

Of course, thinking about it, my explanation allows for that revolver been manufactured in Spain by some of the many gun manufacturers before Civil War, but it really could have been made somewhere else. The SILESIA stamp is very rare for a Spanish manufactured gun.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, after needing to come down after more or less failed pig hunt yesterday evening(shot at a "small" Pig, but it escaped, we found it this morning, it was 68kg-degutted-small), I decided to restart work on the "Nagant".
Did some Voodoo on the Barrel, now it is nice and tight, Cylinder gap also regulated :)
I had no nerves to tinker with the DA Lever interfering with the Trigger in SA mode, so I removed it for now.
Cleaned some rust here and there, oiled and reassembled it. Lokks not too bad. Will try to get mor .32Long ammo for an other range test this week.

I already wondered, why a spanish firearm has the english Name of Schlesien(Silesia) stamped on it. Just makes no sense at all.

Here are some more Pictures:

broken down to pieces

The marks put there by spanish proofe House

Grip panels and serial number. All parts show assembly number 65

Just to compare it to a russian M1895:

·
Gold Bullet member
459 Posts
More clear now with the pictures...... the revolver seems to be a Francisco Arizmendi copy of the Nagant, no doubt made in the 20's but for any reason proofed later.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Information!

Seems like there was a Revolver production even after 1939 or they had a HUGE stack of Revolvers proofed after 1939.

Here we have another one:

http://www.littlegun.info/arme espagnole/ancien artisan/a arizmendi francisco geco gb.htm

N would be 1942.

Now to narrow down the caliber marking:
On Pistols 7,65mm it is clearly .32ACP/7,65mm Browning.
But when it Comes to Revolvers, this may be not true. The Chambers on my "Nagant" are perfect for .32S&W Long, but I am not Aware of a metric Name for that cartrigde.
Can you shed some light on that matter too, please?

·
Gold Bullet member
459 Posts
Absolutely no production of these guns after 1939, but it's true that all the stock from factories no longer authorized was held for decades in other authorized places. That included STAR factory that held hundreds of these guns stored until factory's closing, I know that first hand.

Seems that some were proofed and sold in the 40's, but the vast majority of these guns ended up deactivated or destroyed just a few years ago. There were several models from different manufacturers and several calibers, new in their original packaging, almost 100 years old.

There's no metric designation for .32 S&W Long, its named the same way here.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again!

So I will use ,32S&W Long in that ting, works good.
Will post some Targets, wehn I find time for another range session.

Too bad, so many guns were destroyed :-(

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, got reply in our german Forum, SILESIA is a importer stamp, Krüger und Co., Hannover-Linden.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I corrected the sights and did another range session. Standard .32S&W Long ammo dit not work too well, old NORMA was OK, but old GECO keyholed badly.
BUT: Magtech .32S&W Long Wadcutter works very nicely!!!!!!!!!!!
Had not much ammo left, also did not take enough care in aiming for the last two shots, but the group is good for me and now I will try to find Lee die set and load .32WC ammo, like I do it already for my russian Nagants.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, after getting some dies and bullets, I made some ammo and did some range sessions.
Frontsight needed some adjustments, but now it runs quite nicely with my reloads using 100grn HBWC bullets and Lovex D036.
Magtech factory ammo groups lower, so I will stick to my reloads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.