Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorting through and categorizing stuff and photographing some things. This is the only SCW I ever picked up if it is in fact correct. The serial number seems to fall in the correct range for 1937 models. It needed a couple of things, handguard, trigger guard screw, and cleaning rod but it was cheap. Actually looks pretty good after I bubba'ed it a bit restoring it. I found an older hanguard that I made match pretty well (steel wool soaked in vinegar stain). The bore has some blemishes but the lands stand proud. A name is electro penciled on it and I have no idea of the significance. I am going with the idea that Brooks is Spanish for Hemingway. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it. Would make a colorful Gunbroker indentification. Shoot holes in my theory if you wish or add some information. Enjoy.

Wood Shotgun Composite material Metal Trigger
Wood Air gun Trigger Tool Shotgun

Wood Cylinder Publication Metal Art
Wood Cylinder Tin Revolver Gun accessory
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Plank Plywood
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Door Plank
Hand Wood Finger Gas Circle
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Door Plank
Wood Office supplies Writing implement Tool Cylinder

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
"...A name is electro penciled on it and I have no idea of the significance. I am going with the idea that Brooks is Spanish for Hemingway. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it..."

Here, here! Intangibles are the most valuable things of all, you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts