Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone snagged themselves a Spanish civil war Mosin, and may not know it, as
it isn"t in the description - Gunbroker item 880236667. I was going to bid on it, but got wrapped
up in a problem and by the time I was free, it was gone.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,190 Posts
Saw that one, was interested, but just don't have the craving right now. Ending price was good but who knows where it may have gone had someone else jumped in and started bidding. I suspect the buyer knew and the seller had no clue. Regardless it is nice. I am just very leery of where the election is headed and what the future holds. Biden wins, pelosi enacts the 25th amendment in the first year, harris moves into the oval orfice and god forbid pelosi becomes the VP. Not good for personal freedoms or firearm collecting in general. Or, I could be all wet.

·
Registered
637 Posts
That Moisin actually had belonged to a friend of mine, now deceased. I had emailed dealer that I thought it was Spanish Civil War but he (as usual) didn't add anything to his listing, plus I wasn't 100% sure.
Tanner (the seller) gets good prices and are pretty upfront on their descriptions, actually I think underplaying rather than overplaying condition. They seem fairly knowledgeable about a broad range of firearms but they aren't perfect which isn't suprising I suppose. There have been lots of guns over the years for sure.
Another friend says Tanner is quite reasonable on his consignment fees as well: typically 15%. He has been quite pleased with his dealings with that dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.