Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like this board ,thought I would share this with you . Probably about 35 yrs ago we were shooting M-1 carbines at the local range . A friend of mine had a spam can that was unmarked but about the same size as a tin of carbine ammo ( it was sold to him as such )
I watched as he was opening it & started to drip thick liquid ,I though wow talk about bad ammo?! It had a ham in it ! Believe it or not

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr . I strongly suspect it proably was an ( aftermarket ) paint job. lol . The rest of us were much more amused with this than he was . I don,t think he ever did catch up with
the guy that sold it to him.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,393 Posts
might have been a good choice around Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
some of the goverment surplus commodity or bomb shelter "spam" was in olive drab green cans or maybe it was army issue,either way I saw quite a few cans of it years ago when a friend was selling army surplus stuff ;ie tins of crackers,hard candy (was a carbohydrate supplement ,red and yellow but all nasty,tho my mother loved the stuff) etc but he had 2 styles of canned meat, 1 was a tube about 6" square and a foot and a half long or so, and the other was just like a ammo tin "spam can" with nothing but a nomenclature stamp on it.both were OG green.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts