Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
40,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hangin out on AuctionArms.com, and have been looking around quite a bit. I have noticed a similarity between the Soviet SVT and the Egyptian Hakim. The two rifles look similar in the stock, barrel, and action shape. Did the SVT influence the design of the Hakim? I have been a fan of the SVT for a while and would like one but thought perhaps a Hakim might be a slightly cheaper alternative. Is there any connection between these rifles other than asthetics?

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,382 Posts
Not even close. The Hakim Is a direct gas impigment system. It was a direct copy of the Swedish Lunjman AG42 rifle (Licensed by Sweden of course). The SVT uses a gas piston system.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The only thing remotely similar is the way the bolt/bolt carrier lock in the receiver. They are similar the way a Corvette and a Jeep are similar-they both have four round wheels

·
Platinum Bullet Member
40,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, thanks. I kinda figured they weren't related but thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The SVT-40 when i hold it, it feels like a long barreled sks that shoots 7,62x54r.

To me my hakim is a beast but it shoots awesome too, it was the most affordable semi auto in 8mm at one time.

Both of these are great guns. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
svt

I agree both the SVT and Hakim are great guns, 2 of my favorites. But I like the FN49 best. I regret getting rid of mine. I visit the auctions also, most of the time AA sucks, way overpriced reserves, dealers. There's a nice SVT40 there now, but I bet it won't stay at $600!
Cheers,
FayetteBR

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
At one time I had an Egyptian FN-49, a Hakim, a Rashid, and a Steyr import Egyptian AKM. Of all those guns I liked the Hakim the least. To me it had the balance of railroad tie. Cocking the action while unique was just flakey. The Rashid was kinda nice but the receiver seemed to be of rather soft steel. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts