Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Izhevsk M91-30. It has a stock that has no shellac, oil, I think, only. It is a hard wood stock with a wrist bolt. My question is this, the Soviet mark has been taken off. A file or something like it. Below where it was is a simple small square, no line in it, stamped in the metal. All of this was done before bluing or re bluing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I just purchased an Izhevsk M91-30. It has a stock that has no shellac, oil, I think, only. It is a hard wood stock with a wrist bolt. My question is this, the Soviet mark has been taken off. A file or something like it. Below where it was is a simple small square, no line in it, stamped in the metal. All of this was done before bluing or re bluing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Sorry to go temporarily OT, but I have a question about your nic "saifa." Are you an practitioner of goju-ryu?

C/

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably was . It's just the file marks that threw me. As for the other question, Shorin Ryu, Southern White Crane, traditional Okinawan Te.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts