Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The below pics are of items of my Father-in-Law, Evgenij Fedorovich Putintsev, who was stationed in Vladivostok for his military service. The medals are for Respect (bottom left), Veteran of Work (bottom right), and the top is a social competition winner's badge. Unfortunately, we could not locate his military medals and badges (you can catch a glimpse of them in one picture).

We managed to bring all these items and MUCH more back to Australia with us for safe keeping for our future generations.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's VERY COOL! It would have been very interesting to have talked to him about the attitudes and thoughts of the Soviet military during the years of his service.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Vulch, Those are great ideas. I'm glad you were able to take them home for safe keeping these kinds of things can never be replaced.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
That's a neat bit of family history that you're saving. Too bad you couldn't find his military medals. Thanks for sharing Lewis

·
Super Moderator
11,698 Posts
... The medals are for Respect ...
Actually, Знак Почета is translated as Honor Badge, not as "medal for Respect".

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Very nice photos and it's great to have your Wifes fathers history and stories. The "Honor badge" or Medal for respect is actually a "Soviet Order of the Badge of Honor". It's on a five sided suspension, and without seeing the reverse side I cannot tell you which type it is. The Soviets made two different types of this Order with the five-sided suspension. The first had three different variations and the second type had two different variations. The main differences in the variations were based on how they were marked on the reverse it's ( Monetny Dvor), and if the reverse was concave or flat.

According to the information I have there were a total of 1,545,997 Orders of the Badge Honor issued between Dec. 1935 and Dec 1988. In Dec. 1988 the Order's name was shortened to "Order of Honor" These were issued until the fall of the Soviet Union. Your Father in Law's Order is of the older type.

The additional wording on the red banners held by the workers on the Order state " Workers of the world unite!"

The Soviet Statute for issuing a Order of Honor states

" The Order of the Badge of Honor is established as an award for major achievement in production; scientific research; governmental, social-cultural, athletic or any other socially productive activity: and also for exhibiting civilian valor."

These awards could be awarded to Soviet citizens as well as establishments, organizations, and cities. It could also be awarded to foreigners and foreign enterprises.

The Soviets had different types of awards. the highest class were Orders. Then came Medals and badges. the lowest type of awards were pins.

·
Banned
10,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
THANKS JIMMY!

The back is concave, and there is an engraved number on it - my father-in-law said it was possible to look this number up and see details (I doubt the Russians have this info online, and we would need to send away for it). If I recall correctly, this was issued to him in 1968 or 69 - will ask him again. I will post some detailed photos of it soon.

Man he can drink! First day we arrived, the family and we managed to demolish 9 full bottles of vodka. He woke me, still drunk, in the morning, and we "Hair of the dog" drank for the next 3 hours - more vodka, and Russian cognac. We later discovered he and I alone had drunk 3 bottles of various vodkas and half a bottle of cognac. Then we did not drink much for a week until our Russian wedding, where in total, 38 bottles of vodka, 14 bottles of champagne, and who knows how many litres of juice were drunk between 24 people. I do remember ATTEMPTING to do the fireworks display before someone more level headed took them away from me (alhough I recall at least 2 skyrockets flew almost horizontally ;) ) I think my liver and kidneys are still recovering...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts