Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 doe 1.jpg 2012 doe 2.jpg 2012 doe 3.jpg I finaly was able to get out hunting for the first time in 3 years. High winds in the area kept the deer down and in cover. My buddy Matt did a small push on a little patch of heavy cover. 3 came out on my side. I wasnt paying attention and could not get a good shot. A straggler doe came out. I bleated twice she wouldnt stop. I took a knee and blew once. she put the brakes on to look at me. cross hairs on her. Boom. Dumped her right there!

I was hunting with a abortion of a rifle. It was a Obendorf 7mm Brazill mauser that was wore out. the Stock was broken and the barrel gave sewer pipes a bad name.
the bolt was turned down, the action was salvaged and rebarreled to .308. Drilled tapped. Plastic stock. Then a fancy cammo spray bomb job. I cant thank my buddy enough for giving it to me!

It shoots MOA. I am realy impressed with the Hornady super preformance ammo, loaded with the 150 GR SST bullets. I was pained to pay for them as I reload normaly. I wont think twice about using this ammo again to hunt with.

·
Gold Bullet Member
768 Posts
Congrats Those does taste better.

Today is the start of our gun season and I'm laid up with the flu.

Rad

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
1,595 Posts
That's a hefty doe! Should be some nice tenderloins on that baby. :) Congrats and thanks for posting it up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts