Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings. I purchased a 96/11 at a gun show today and I need a magazine for it. My only other Swiss rifle is a K31 so I can’t do a magazine swap for the time being. Are there any lesser known sources that might have one? I didn’t see any on Gunbroker, I saw 1 on eBay, and didn’t see any on Edelweiss’ website. I’ll keep on the lookout but I just thought I’d check if someone had a lesser known source. I’ll probably post in the WTB section as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Gold Bullet member
9,506 Posts
Greetings. I purchased a 96/11 at a gun show today and I need a magazine for it. My only other Swiss rifle is a K31 so I can’t do a magazine swap for the time being. Are there any lesser known sources that might have one? I didn’t see any on Gumbroker, saw 1 on eBay, and didn’t see any on Edelweiss’ website. I’ll keep on the lookout but I just thought I’d check if someone had a lesser known source. I’ll probably post in the WTB section as well. Thanks in advance!
This has come up before. Schwaben Arms in Germany has the mags but does not ship outside of Germany or Switzerland. Do you happen to know someone in Germany?

·
Gold Bullet member
9,506 Posts
The problem here in Europe is, that no one would like to deliver gun related articles to the USA because of some US custom guys possible confiscating the goods.
Not exactly. It is ITAR. Gun parts below a specified value/cost enter without too much complication, depending on the mood of the customs officials. The late "Guisan" - Frank Van Binendijk - used to mail parts to the USA from his home in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was always under the impression that magazines, barrels, and pistol slides were no-go for shipping from Switzerland and Germany because of their export laws, not our import laws. Is that not really the case?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yep, ITAR and the customs guys g

No, the US import laws are the problem.
ITAR concerns export of US military technology, so it must be some other BATFE-related law.

I asked Frank van Binnendijk about it once and he mentioned export laws of the Netherlands made it easier to ship from than CH, but he didn’t elaborate, and I never learned anything more about it. He might have just been joking for all I know.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To update, I did manage to get one from an individual from Poland. $120 shipped. I believe he has a few more available in his online store. I found it a little while after I made this post. Took less than 3 weeks to get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.