Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for smaller aperture inserts for the Elite rear diopter sight for my Swede 96. This gun was recently purchased from Allan's Armory and it is stunning. His guns are really great. This rifle appears to have an approx. .063 aperture....I would like a .05 or smaller. Typical Lyman threads don't fit. Any help??

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
I think Swede or Dutchman know of a way to modify the Lymans as substitutes.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Nope. Not me. This is an area that needs some deep research. There are no sources for these aperatures in the U.S.

Dutchman

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,723 Posts
Elite rear aperture inserts

There is no source for these inserts . Occasionally Anders offers a few for sale with unknown hole sizes . The Swiss company that copied the Elite sight was sued for patent infringement & no longer makes these sights . So , that source no longer exists . Rarely do I see these on EBAY , but that is a good place to look for them .

·
Vendor
5,546 Posts
I wonder how much a gunsmith would charge to make one or more? It's thin, springy metal and seems like it would be easy to cut and drill the size hole you want. The one you have could serve as a template for making another. The hole in the one you have could also be filled in and redrilled to the size hole you want.
Allan Schisel

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gentlemen....

Dutchman, you may disregard my email...as I see that you don't have any info on this...Thanks for your input, though.

Swede, thanks for your info via email....I have responded......;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts