Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have an overly aggressive spam blocker? I sent you all the info from the scopes and sniper rifles from the PA collection the week after we brought the rifles back. And there was at least one more email concerning one or more of the scopes. Last week I emailed you about your spare North China T 30 bolt, could we work out a trade/ No answer. I ended up trding an ext. adj scope case for the correct bolt. Don't know why my eamils are not getting through, they are not coming back! Any ideas?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,635 Posts
USE PM FEATURE of the BOARDS

Give up on email, aol and Yahoo don't like some of us others, especially me on hotmail.

Send Vic a PM and he should get it.

Meanwhile, save all the good stuff for me!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Doss
Vic is gone for the weekend - won't be back until Monday evening. Headed over the hill to Las Vegas. He got a new computer a few months ago (a MacIntosh) and I had e-mail troubles with him for awhile after that. It may be part of the reason your's are not getting thru but don't give up as I'm sure he wants that info!
JohnB/

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Morning Ronin :
For what its worth am backkkkk , spent the weekend in lost wages. Got to see Skid's Japanese goodies Saturday morning, Wally dropped by for a consultation and some words. In the evening we attended the " I Hate Dialysis . com " first ever meeting and dinner in town, from there to a local chapel to see friends renew their vows.
Sunday from 06:30 to 20:30 we went on a tour of the Grand Canyon National Park, wow what a great place, majestic. Left yesterday at 10:00 after a group breakfast and were in town at 14:00, in time to take Katherine for dialysis. Been answering phone, mail, e-mail, getting a hold of the lawyer, etc.
I did receive your correspodence on the major collection and called " my people " to get back to you and buy those goodies out, we had a number of back and forth e-mails on that Kokura 99, along with Ruth and my status. Yes I did receive the additional scope data.
When I saw your thread on the board regarding the Chinese T-30 and its missing bolt, I remembered having one, checked the parts chest and still had it. So I answered that it was different length than a regular 30 bolt. But you were already involved with someone else to modify / make you one, so I didn't push the issue, I only said that if you need it let me know or if you have something to trade.
Since then with hemorroids, my case and the lawyer, and the Vegas trip I didn't keep track of your situation. You know that you can get a hold of me here at the boards and I have been in touch by e-mail as well, so if you had to have my bolt you should have hollered ( baby that doesn't holler gets no tittie ) , gee must we put a nipple on your bottle of Milwaukee's finest bottle ??????
Yes I would have gladly passed on my bolt for a case, but I didn't know. Such is life.
Victor

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vic, My friend called today, he "found" (can you imagine loosing) two more scoped snipers and three extra scopes in his home. One scope is a 4X,, can't read my scribbling, " NTC Kogaku?" 12978 assigned to rifle 3784, the other two are 97s, he gave me the makers and #s, but not the rifles the scopes assigned to. Should have these data in a day or two. One scoped rifle is my old Nagoya SN 73 with the unnumbered Kokura bolt and scope 11173 with the maker's logo a character over a volcano (ragged Mt. top?) in a circle. Should have a photo of this one in a day or so .

The 2.5s are 11299, star in circle and 10247, triangle with "up arrow" in circle

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vic. Missed notes at the bottom of my pad, one scoped sniper is 6774 "with wings, partially ground mum.." and the other is 99 (?) 4691.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Evening El Ronin48 :
Thankyou so much for the info. First of all once you get your ex-Nagoya 99 # 73 & scope please photograph and / or send the scope to Frank Allan. He needs to photograph the scope maker markings as that is one of the Mukden / Manchuria scopes we have been talking about, and he needs to put that maker in his book. Very Important.
99 Kogaku 4x scope 12978 for rifle 3784 is a new number, I have a man who owns rifle # 3789 mum, match, rod, leather sling. He may be interested in acquiring that scope, can I contact him and see if he wants it or not ?.
Both 97 scopes are new numbers, I will await the rifle issue numbers from you to finish making out index cards on them.
Vicasoto

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Hoss :
Am I reading you correct :
1) T-99 Nagoya cutback # 6774 ground, wings, any scope with it ?.
2) T-99 " 4 X rifle # 4691, any scope with it ?.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vic, Frank and I have been discussing that scope. Guy in Texas that I bought my 99 Kokura from back before Kathleen died had a 1500 SN range Kokura (Yeah, I know) but it had one of those 4X-marked scopes. The rifle was probally a Denny G. fabrication, but hard to fake a scope. A former B'zai member in N. Indiana, Bill Stover, bought the rifle, later sold his collection to someone in MT (?). And the fellow with the Dutch sounding name that worked for SARCO, rifle exploded and killed him, Glen DeRutter, had seen one with the base cut. Those are the only three I am aware of and unfortunately I don't remember what number rifle Bill's scope was assigned to..

On the two snipers in my previous posts, both have scopes and should be here sometime in early Nov along with about 40 more Arisakas. Have buyers waiting in the wings for sniper rigs and the "divorced" scopes.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Jefe :
These are the only known scopes :
a) # 11104 unissued, rep. by Babich on 5/99, belonged to a friend.
b) # 11139 as reported in MRofJ.
c) # 1116x unisssued, Banzai article.
d) # 11173 unissued, Banzai 5/85 with 99 Nagoya rifle No. 73.
e) # 11253 mount cut off, tube only 5/95 seen by Glenn deRuiter.
Yes hard to fake a scope, issue numbers yes.
Please let me know the full data on the rifles and scopes married or divorced is ok by me, have need of more than one nice to mint Kokura 97 issued scope, am looking for matching halves for my own as well as the people who contribute to the our sniper research.
Vicasoto

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Ronin :
Just a P.S., did you sell the Kokura 99 sniper #248 ?, my buddy didled dadled so much that I gave up on him and told you to sell it off. If it's still available send me an e-mail at : [email protected] with details, as I am in a position to make you an offer.
Vicasoto

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vic Let me know if you received my eamil, when replying to someone elses address, like yours in your post, my PC tries to go Outlook Express and there is a message to Ruth's mother's WebTV email "hung up" in Outlook, did not go through and we can't delete it. Rodent

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Morning Doss :
I just got on line, there were no incoming e-mails, so I checked on Gunboards and here is your message. In the past couple of months I have received e-mails from you and Ruth with no problems. It maybe me or it maybe your end that is giving problems.
At least we can communicate this way ! eh boss ?.
Vicasoto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts