Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those that were looking to see me in Tulsa, sadly you will have to settle for Vic. I have been dealing with some health issues this year that have been a bit off and on. Sadly they are back on for now and my doctor said he did not want me to travel. While the health issue is one that can be corrected it is one that requires me to take it easy over the next few days (at least) So I will not be at Tulsa nor on the boards that much in the next week. Have fun as I really was looking forward to seeing the "gang". I know seeing Vic is a distant second to seeing me so for that I am very sorry. Just remember if Vic starts to give you problems, garlic works to keep him under control.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I hope you feel better soon boss and sorry that you will have to miss Tulsa.

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Things will be fine long term it is just a short term issue - or at least that is what the doctors think. For some reason I have been having spikes in my blood pressure and the doctors have been looking for the cause. They think they have it figured out now so it is just a case of getting a treatment for it.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Heck, I take 3 different meds for blood pressure - probably why I am so goofy most of the time -----

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
Come over here for a drink, Brent! It is a well known fact that vodka lowers blood pressure.

·
Administrator
19,280 Posts
You coming Nick? Drop me a ring today-got some news for you

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
But, what about your "date" with my mother-in-law?? Seriously, you take good care of yourself. She'll wait.

·
Administrator
3,433 Posts
Bummer to hear that Brent, was looking forward to seeing you again. I'll just have to heap all of my abuse on Vic instead. Hope you feel better soon and I'll see ya next year! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Will miss seeing you, Brent. I've even managed to add another member to my "Tulsa Group", and was hoping he would get to meet you.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
Brent, best wishes on getting your blood pressure under control. I'll keep you in my prayers.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,781 Posts
Tuco, take care of yourself!

The doctor has me on three blood pressure medications also, Toprol XL 50, Benicar HCT 40/25 and Norvasc 10. But he keeps telling me that what I really need is to loose weight and get more exercise.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
6,032 Posts
Get well and take care. Guess I will have to meet you next year. Alan

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,587 Posts
Sounds like acute cosmoline poisoning. Best to lay off the milsurps until you've stabilized the hi BP.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,610 Posts
I was looking forward to meeting you, you will be missed. Hope you get to feeling better.

·
Administrator
19,280 Posts
Oh thats all a line of BS and you all fell for it. The truth is this year we had at least 36 guys with Dial soap and a tube soak all set up for Saturday night after Jamil's for a parking lot beat down and he sissed out :mad:.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,023 Posts
Smart man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts