Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.soldiersangels.org/

This is a charity group that my wife and I work with helping out soldiers serving abroad mainly in Afghanistan and Iraq. Even in a rough economy it's nice to support our troops and send something to those in need around the holidays. It's too late to get something there by X-mas, but I thought I would post the link for future use if anyone wants it.

They are a decent organization and have a 98% unpaid volunteers.

I've included a nice photo's of G.29/40 so I'm not totally off topic for the second time in as many days.

Now, please resume fighting on the other threads.

Malaki

·
Registered
531 Posts
malaki,

I can say with a great degree of certainty that those care packages are much appreciated.

When I was in Iraq, the useful packages filled with common, but essential items helped, sometimes the PX would be sold out of things you really needed, and sometimes the packages contained things that just made life a little better.

But for me, far and away the best part was the morale building personal touches of notes and the overall gesture of gratitude expressed by these mailings.

It is hard to got through a deployment, but the little things like this really help keep the reason you are there in perspective.

Great charity, and I highly reccommend it. Thanks, malaki.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Now has there ever not been fighting on this forum? If so I don't remember.. I think it was Jefferson that said there has never been a group of men similarly associated that haven't quarreled (something like that..), however it won't ever be done regarding the rc thing. I think they are just resting up for the next round.. waiting for sunset like in that movie?

I am Legend? The darkseekers will be back..

Your cause is a good one M, good luck with it!

http://www.soldiersangels.org/

This is a charity group that my wife and I work with helping out soldiers serving abroad mainly in Afghanistan and Iraq. Even in a rough economy it's nice to support our troops and send something to those in need around the holidays. It's too late to get something there by X-mas, but I thought I would post the link for future use if anyone wants it.

They are a decent organization and have a 98% unpaid volunteers.

I've included a nice photo's of G.29/40 so I'm not totally off topic for the second time in as many days.

Now, please resume fighting on the other threads.

Malaki

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like a very worthwhile charity.

When a good friend was deployed to Afghanistan in '06-07 we sent him and his buddies some huge care packages and he said they were truly appreciated by all over there. He said it was a treat just to get reminders that somebody was thinking of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.