Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered some MkVII from Amunitiontogo.com for my SMLE and got better than I expected.It was listed as Radway Green 50s in strippers and bandoleers for $22 US or so a 50 rd lot.What I got was all 1944 dated including the bandos! One would think all the Radway from WW2 woulda dried up by now.AND it was clean and fresh,and so far 2 clips shot without squibs or splits.I probably won't shoot much more,as I'd like to keep it as WW2 displayable with my rifles. They indicate they have plenty,may order some more,2 bandos(100rds) at $50 or so delivered. Beats the mess outta POF fodder!It also appears to be marked RL,Royal Laboratories...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea,I went as far as to make a rig out of rubber med tubeing that just does fit into my chamber,and slips onto the faucet in my shop,so that I can run the hot water supply from my heater through my bore when I get home from shooting.I shoot a Yugo Kalashi and a Nagant,corrosion is my middle name!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Household hot water rarely gets above 70deg Celcius. I suggest you need water as near to boiling as possible to remove all the nasties by dissolving them and expanding the pores and cracks to get at the embedded stuff.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is hot water the best, I was told by a guy on one of the Nagant Forums to use a water and amonea mix on a patch, run down right after shooting...

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
ammonia only removes copper deposits. Does nothing for the primer salts. You need boiling hot water, not out of the tap.

However a wet patch down a HOT barrel couldn't hurt (before you get home) NEVER wait until the next day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts