Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The comment was seen by me at SKSboards about two weeks ago.
Somebody had been at the Shot Show, and "learned" that a large shipment of these rifles is headed to the US much later this year. That's all he said.

To be quite clear, I have No idea whether this even could be true, or who the guy heard it from at the show.
Naturally our "leader" in the WH could change the situation, though nothing yet has been done, specifically, by way of "His" recent Executive Order.

Aside from that and the constant rumors, what type of dealer or distributor/importer at the Shot Show (whatever that is) could have access to such import news, if it Is the plan for more basic Saiga 5.45s?

The Saiga 5.45 at the Memphis store "Guns And Ammo" must have been converted, because those silly people have a price tag of approx. $800 on it, and not even a magazine.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Saiga (Baikal, etc.) are made at the Izhevsk plant. They have had some serious financial difficulties in recent years and have been counting on US sales to help out according to their press releases. Just a few years back they were having big sales through their distributers to push sales - remember the $300 Saiga sporters? I got one then!

Supplies of the rifles dried up during last year's run on semi-autos. I'm sure they would like to ship a whole lot more ,but with recent events, it seems likely our Fearless Leader will try to make it tough, based on his claim to be sanctioning the Russian arms industry (why not oil and gas, you ask?).

Oddly enough, the US is one of the Russian arms industry's largest buyers as we purchase both arms and ammo in quantity for our "allies" in Afghanistan and Iraq.

As to arrivals of shipments, like most gossip, I'd believe it when I see it.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Sadly not for sale -my wife loves it! (She was trained on them in high school back in the USSR and all her friends like to shoot it as well. She can even field strip it and clean it!)

It came with a factory test target showing 4 MOA (about AK normal) but I have gotten that down to about 3 MOA with better ammo and a 6X POSP scope on the sidemount. Not exactly sniper accuracy, but it can hit OK to perhaps 300 yards. I have an SVD and Mosin snipers, so I am pretty picky in the "sniper" department!

I now have a long-eye-relief 2X pistol scope on it as a scout scope set-up, allowing very quick target acquisition with both eyes open.

I'll buy that sporter from you stalin's...gotta price? How accurate is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.