Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I know, Hungarian 1891/30 rifles are rare in the US. Here in Germany they also do not (or at least no longer) pop up frequently - so I'm glad that I already have my own one.

At the moment there are two Hungarian 91/30s (no snipers) at an auction platform here in Germany. Both look very nice and the prices are extremely low - albeit one of them is described as having a terribly rusty interior of the barrel (maybe no longer safe to shoot).

Here come the original German descriptions and their translations:

Mosin Nagant, Kal. 7.62x54R,
lange Ausführung, wie abgebildet, äußerer Zustand gut, der Lauf ist leider total
verrostet und erinnert eher an eine Berg- und Talbahn! Daher wird
die Waffe ausdrücklich als nicht schußfähig verkauft
, sie eignet
sich ggf. für den Umbau auf Deko oder Salut (können wir leider nicht anbieten!),
als Sammlerstück oder als Ersatzteilespender.

Translation:
Mosin Nagant, cal. 7.62x54R,
long version, as shown, good external condition, but regrettably barrel totally rusty inside - looks like a roller coaster! So we stress that this weapon may no longer be safe to shoot, but may be still a nice decoration piece or modified to fire blanks (we are sorry not being able to offer this modification), collector's item or source of spares.

This gun has the No. DG324? and at the moment is offered for only 1 €!

The next one:

Sie bieten auf ein Gewehr Mosin Nagant 91/30 im Kaliber 7,62x54R. Das Gewehr
wurde in Ungarn im Jahr 1950 hergestellt. Lauf und System sind nummerngleich,
nur der Schaft hat eine andere Nummer. Der Lauf ist spiegelblank. Weitere
Rückfragen werden jederzeit gerne beantwortet.

Translation:
You are bidding for a rifle Mosin Nagant 91/30, cal. 7.62x54R. This rifle has been produced in Hungary in 1950. Numbers of barrel and system are matching, only the stock is mismatched. Mirror bright bore. Will be happy to answer any further questions.

At the moment stands at a little bit over € 100.

Both sellers are in Germany - the one with the rusty barrel is sold by a gunsmith, the other one is a private sale.

To point it out clearly - I'm not involved in those deals even in the remotest way. I just saw these auctions and - knowing that those guns are much sought after in the US - simply want to be helpful. If someone wants to know more details or needs any assistance with translation from German to English, please contact me via PM.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If it's Egun.de I've blown more cash there than I care to remember. Always something interesting there. Probably safe to mention as there's no international shipping on them however there is a Finned 1915 M91 with, if you squint at the pictures, a walking bear stamp on the receiver as well as a 1921 Dragoon. Both at approx. €60 Euros with a days bidding to go. Coffers empty at the moment otherwise I'd have a pop at them.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, it is eGun. And on special demand they sometimes do international shipping via a licensed dealer (okay, this of course costs a little bit more)...

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
I a Rialto am looking for 1950 m/48. Can you send me details please.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Something for you Vic..

Two 1950 m48s and a picture of my rack devoted to the hungarian m48s and m52.

(old pics unfortunately)

In the future I'll start a detailed thread with lot of pics about the evolution of the Hungarian Mosin Nagant rifles and carbines

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's Egun.de I've blown more cash there than I care to remember. Always something interesting there. Probably safe to mention as there's no international shipping on them however there is a Finned 1915 M91 with, if you squint at the pictures, a walking bear stamp on the receiver as well as a 1921 Dragoon. Both at approx. €60 Euros with a days bidding to go. Coffers empty at the moment otherwise I'd have a pop at them.
These two auctions have now ended:

The Finned 1915 M91 went for € 251.89 (roughly US $ 350): http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=4870139
The 1921 Dragoon for € 161.00 (about US $ 225): http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=4870146

Just for information.

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just seen another Hungarian m48 on German eGun - CC4535 from 1951. Auction still goes on for two more days, price at the moment well below 200 Euros.

Description with translation:

Repetierer Mosin Nagant 1951; Hülse beschriftet: 02/Ungarn=Fertigung?; Kaliber:
7.62 Russ.; Lauf: Züge+Felder deutlich sichtbar, fast blank; Neu-Beschuss;
Gesamtlänge: ca. 122 cm, Lauflänge ca.67 cm, Schaftlänge ( gemessen vom vorderen
Abzug bis Mitte Schaftkappe) ca.34 cm; insgesamt sehr ordentlicher
Erhaltungszustand.

Bolt-action rifle Mosin-Nagant from 1951. Receiver stamped: 02/Hungarian production?;
cal. 7.62 Russian. Barrel condition: rifling sharp, nearly shining. New proof marks;
total length about 122 cm, barrel length about 67 cm, length of stock (from the front edge of the trigger to the middle of the butt plate)
about 34 cm, pretty good overall condition.

They ship internationally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts