Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some less commonly seen pics of German troops deploying SVT rifles. We usually see pictures of WSS troops using them, but these show frontline Heer, rear echelon troops, a 'Hiwi,' and a US-captured SVT on a Higgins boat at Normandy, too.
Enjoy,
Pat

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Its leaning against the bulk work in the front bottom of the picture behind the guy smoking.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom-M,
Look in the lower center of the pic, leaning against the inside of the boat. Very distinctive piece that protects the piston and gas block of the SVT.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Sorry. Still dont see an SVT. I see the muzzle of an M1, Gas cylinder of an M1, and front handguard of an M1.

There is something attached to rifle - off to one side. Doesn't look like a SVT handguard to me.

Maybe there is a better quality picture out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Looks to me as there are 2 rifles....one a SVT....
+1, the rifle on the left in the photo is an M1, while the one on the right, with cleaning rod and ventilated hanguard, is definitely a SVT-40.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have no idea how you guys aren't seeing it. It's so blatantly obvious that it's an SVT-40! As Vadrums said, you're looking at the bottom side of the front of it. There's noting it can really be other than an SVT-40. It appears to be leaning against a 98k too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.