Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
R/C's are not junk are have proved themselves to be quite collectible, if you want to strip off the shellac and clean the metal, it will also usually net you an added $100 on resale on the online auctions....Listen up, theres good info here on the boards, but when someone tells you something is junk and not collectible, you need to have the ability to discern what is reality and what is mearly an opinion... no one here sets the agenda for whats collectble, they have no control over that what-so-ever, fact is simply that i have seen many r/c rifles command more money then mismatched k98's. it is in your benefit to buy a bolt mismatch for sure, however calling a r/c junk and not collectible, is nothing short of ABSURD........

· Registered
336 Posts
When some one is telling you rc's aren't junk and they are collectable it is merely an opinion.. one derived by lack of experience. Fact is all hobbies have standards, members of that hobby set those standards, I have collected the 98k since 1984 and know many in the hobby, and very few "collectors" I know have a high regard for the rc (none actually).. from a collectors pov rc's have no merit, they are below the standard most experienced collectors (of German rifles- Russian collectors probably marvel at their quality as these are soviet rifles) have set.[END QUOTE]

sorry you dont set the standard for what is collectible in the mauser world, and frankly sound like an Idiot for saying you do... you are not one of very few elites who set the standard, your just a guy who knows a decent amout about K98's and fell victim to BIG HEAD syndrome... R/C's are as collectible as any other gun anyone wants to collect... some statements simply have the ring of truth, and then we have what you say.......

· Registered
336 Posts
below is what i said, all else was a quote i was answering to...........

sorry you dont set the standard for what is collectible in the mauser world, and frankly sound like an Idiot for saying you do... you are not one of very few elites who set the standard, your just a guy who knows a decent amout about K98's and fell victim to BIG HEAD syndrome... R/C's are as collectible as any other gun anyone wants to collect... some statements simply have the ring of truth, and then we have what you say.......

· Registered
336 Posts
bla bla bla simon stool, as stated your opinion that R/C's are worthless junk is meaningless, and you need to get over yourself you did not create or influence the standard in the collecting community. That is left to the buyers and sellers, and for the record you know little to nothing about me, but then again thats about par for the course for your rather meaningless posts on what is accepted in your ((((self claimed small elite community of collectors)))) who have the strict authority to say what is and what is not a collectible.... HAH... to that i say HOGWASH.............LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

· Registered
336 Posts
Put a grocery bag on your head and breath deep for about an hour.. if you pass out do it again.

What's to know about you? You are meaningless to the hobby, this forum or even rc collecting (such as it is?) If you hadn't made your 180 posts to this forum would anything have been lost? Have you contributed anything to this forum?

Well there.. I didn't think so..

AHHH bow everyone for the k98 god has spoken and set forth these rules and laws that now govern the K98 mauser colleting universe and here they are, direct from the source for your collecting guidance and pleasures concerning the R/C K98:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) rc's are a barreled receiver, a refinished barreled receiver.. they are nothing more, they are, err well, err garbage. From a collectors pov they are junk.

2) Bill, Diatribe or not they are junk, and I do think they are the poorest of themes to collect- they have almost no merit in any collection.

3) they are what they are- and in this case Russian rifles made from a German rifle base; they should not be "restored" as they really can't be. Most you can do is make them "representative" of what you need- and unless its something nearly unattainable- swjXE, 35/Brosigwalde or 35/ERMA (all nearly impossible to find "original/matching") then its a wasteful diversion best avoided.

4) your money buy what you like. People in this country are buying obama coins so nothing surprises me anymore.. considering the accepted standard of excellence in this country the rc standard is quite normal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final words of wisdom from the MASTER:::::

When some one is telling you rc's aren't junk and they are collectable it is merely an opinion.. one derived by lack of experience. Fact is all hobbies have standards, members of that hobby set those standards, I have collected the 98k since 1984 and know many in the hobby, and very few "collectors" I know have a high regard for the rc (none actually).. from a collectors pov rc's have no merit, they are below the standard most experienced collectors (of German rifles- Russian collectors probably marvel at their quality as these are soviet rifles) have set. As coin collectors, antique collectors or collectors of cars will tell you originality is the standard, anything refinished, restored are heavily de-valued and if bad enough is worth what the item is (a used chair or a drivable car or for parts) same here a rc is a rifle, for shooting, jumping around in mud holes dressed up like Kiska, or hunting..

Anyway, the reality is some here know nothing of the subject they discuss or post about. Some have 180 posts, many probably in this forum and have never had an opinion that should be taken seriously. All opinions should be taken with two things in mind (imo) the level of experience on the subject and motivation.
I don't sell rifles publicly, am not heavily invested in an rc collection, and have experience in the hobby, know most experienced collectors, many face to face. Others either sell, have sold, or are heavily invested in the rc, and have almost no experience outside of Backbone and their collection of rc's/misc junk they have accumulated over the months they have collected the rc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF AFTER ALL THIS YOU BUY OR COLLECT A R/C --- THEN YOU SHOULD----

Put a grocery bag on your head and breath deep for about an hour.. if you pass out do it again.
You are meaningless to the hobby
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND now hence forth you now have the appropriate guidence set forth by SimsonSuhl concerning the R/C K98......

· Registered
336 Posts
Sarge has to be the longest winded blowhard on any of the forums (never contributes a worthwhile “original” thought or advice), worst he is probably the world record holder for collecting the 98k and not having a clue to the subject at hand.. He has by his own admission been at it 3x as long as I have and is a total incompetent-

As to an expert status, you might note I have never claimed such, and no one I know ever has. This title of “expert” and “elitist” is a derogatory title lame dickcheeses like Hannah and “sarge the nincompoop” use when they have no back up to their argument.

Sarge just outlined why his position on the rc has no merit, he by his own acknowledgment states he is a longtime rc turdmonger, and often posts his “findings” of his study of the rc to the forums (usually on GK where there is no one to challenge his nonsense since Hambone and most experienced collectors left), often in high comedic fashion.. his infamous G29o Israeli 98k befuddlement (he went on about Law/Backbone over this rifle being proof of a 1938 Steyr 98k- of all the problems with Backbone he chooses something that is accurate!) is legendary as is his nearly as comical approach to the “X Depot” only found on the rc..

Seeing as Sarge wants to play who knows what I will actually take some time to ridicule “sarge” on his latest foray into stupid land regarding the “X” depot.

On another thread-

you are soo "laughable" must be lonely at the top, seems to me like you like to say ((("never contributes a worthwhile “original” thought or advice"))) about anyones opinion that disagree's with your own. you like to play lord of the mauser, and act as if you set the standards and all must fall in-line... well the masses have spoken with their $$$$$$ .... R/C K98's have gone up in value since first introduced a few yrs back. I am glad this urk's you as much as it does, they ARE german manufactured K98's and are fully functional weapons made from the best actions and parts ever made. The fact that you call them junk just goes to show how little you understand about the appreciation of fine firearms. Seems you like wall hangers to just look at with all your matching little parts that you will never shoot. Your shooters probably come from WAL-MART as you wont own a R/C and i highly doubt you would take out your all matching guns for a leisure shoot or hunt... R/C k-98's are fully functional as well as collectible guns, even your so called friends who say they agree with you OWN THEM>>>>>> HAH!!!!!!!!!!! FIGURE THAT ONE OUT THERE TURBO..........they probably dont want to upset you, so they speak in code.

· Registered
336 Posts
the analogy to muscle cars doesnt really hold water, as R/C K98's are "made from all original german manufactured parts", the referance to cars was that they were made from cheap inferior replacement parts from 3rd world production countries.

I think it's a safe assumption people like K98's for 2 reasons... 1) the fact that it was and still is essentially the best bolt action rifle ever produced "production rifle ofcoarse" AND 2) the fact that is was the standard arm of the Nazi's which is such a HUGE part of history. The fact that a standard R/C k98 is essentially still one of the best bolt action rifles you can buy, and that the majority of them still have all the Nazi marks present... Well um hate to say it, this satisfys the majority of collectors, sure everyone wants to fill holes with matching ones also, but that does not make the R/C any less collectible than any other rifles one wants to collect... Isnt Rocket Science here, those who have narrowed their collections to only pristine all matching examples are the exception NOT the rule, for their are no rules in collecting... except the 1 golden rule, always buy for less than you can sell for. given the fact that R/C's continually rise in price, they have proven themselves to be quite collectible, as well as should be respected on ALL their individual Merits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.