Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked one up..... Trigger guard looks like it took a hit at one time..... I was wondering if its compatible with your typical 99 , and would it be a good fit or something that is fitted to the stocks ? Would it be blaphsemi to change out trigger guard, screws etc....if are correct and have matching finish..? barrel band same too ?

Also, On the front bayonet lug band, though the serial # on the lug seems to match and be original, as shown in my pics, there does not seem to be a hole in the wood where the screw would come out, the hole is threaded....

thanks, Joe

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
It's hard to say for sure with just those pictures. If you could post some more pictures and some overall pictures it would help.

also if you have the chance add your rifles info to the type 2 sticky I have at the top of the page.

·
Gold Bullet Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to say for sure with just those pictures. If you could post some more pictures and some overall pictures it would help.

also if you have the chance add your rifles info to the type 2 sticky I have at the top of the page.
You know , after looking this over , that's the end of the screw , I don't think it's the correct one. I will add the info to your sticky. This is a low 4 digit matching/mummed

Thank you

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
I see no reason not to change the trigger guard, they are not numbered. Just find one in similar finish with Nagoya inspection, JMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts