Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received my new CMP M1 today (see the U.S. forum) and thought I'd snap a few more pics of my weekend aquisitions. Heres the P26.

And a quick comparison of the funny sling escutcheons on the SCW 91/30. The 91/30 is filthy so I intend to clean it this afternoon. I will try to post more pics of it later. Both had filthy bores, but the P26 cleaned up very well. Some pitting is present, but the rifling is sharp and shiney. I'll get to the 91/30 this afternoon, but at least it has a tight muzzle. Both may prove to be pretty good shooters when I finally get them to the range.

Here's a link to the M1 topic in the U.S. forum for those interested. Think mines quite a bit better than those that SOG is sending out!
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=6817

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Nice looking P-26 and a very nice looking Garand. If I may ask how much did you pay for the Garand?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The M1 was a service grade. They are now priced at $595 plus shipping. Not the price they use to be, but I shudder to think what it would be priced at a local gunshow. At the low end I see rifles that would be lucky to pass as rack grade starting at $600-700. I ordered a service grade last year when they were $495. That one was more interesting to me, but this one is in a bit better condition. It will probably make many frequent trips to the range.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The M1 was a service grade. They are now priced at $595 plus shipping. Not the price they use to be, but I shudder to think what it would be priced at a local gunshow. At the low end I see rifles that would be lucky to pass as rack grade starting at $600-700. I ordered a service grade last year when they were $495. That one was more interesting to me, but this one is in a bit better condition. It will probably make many frequent trips to the range.
that's nothing i was at the local gander mountain's grand opening and they had a garand that would be service grade AT BEST marked $950

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,601 Posts
View attachment 11575

SWEET! You've got skills chicks dig....like num chuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills, Mosin aquisition skills...

Very nice rifles there!

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts