Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol Shotgun
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

A 1911 dated Short/Commander's revolver - pre WWI.

Leather Wood
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

A 1915 shoulder stock version. These were made in 1905 and 1913-15?

More pictures in the morning.

Joe

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
2,431 Posts
as usual very exciting and informative. to whom would the short 1911 revolver have been issued? how many were made? and never seen the 1915 dated cut for shoulder stock and here it is . Not many could have survived WW I. marvelous and thanks
roger

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Joe, that's a nice piece. I haven't seen one with a shoulder stock mount. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are two groups of shoulder stock guns with a normal barrel length. The first group was made around 1905. Several of these are known.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Wood Metal

Here is a picture of a 1905

The second group is 1913-1915 or just prewar and into the first years of the war. There were several other designs with non-standard barrel lengths, but more on that in later posts.

As to the short revolvers, this is the first pre WWI I've been able to examine.

The shortened revolver was developed before the Great War in the 1911-1914 period (There exists a gun dated 1911). Up to the revolution a small number of these revolvers were made, and received into service for several categories of police.
As to what happened to them, I suspect that these were either "used up" or became second model MTs-4s. It is unknown how many were produced before the war.

The 1911 gun is virtually identical to the post Great War guns.
When I get more pictures ready, I'll show the differences.
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.