Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,121 Posts
I have quite close connections to Patria company.

Patria AMV is not only APC. The vehicle is modular and there are following basic versions.
-Basic 8x8, basis for APCs and IFVs
-System platfom 8x8, basis for different C4I applications
-Heavy weapon platform, basis for mobile gun systems and mortars
-6x6

Here is two pictures from previous tests with CMI Defence CT-CV 105 turret.

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,121 Posts
Do they come in hot pink? :p
The customer is always right. If you want one in pink, you will get it.

Here is one of the prototypes with a 30mm two man turret.

Here is 6x6 with a remote controlled 30mm turret.

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For those that do not know -
Patria really is an outstanding company that makes a fine product line. Their products are seeing use in Iraq and I think in the Afgan battles as well. At one time I saw some footage on Live Leak showing Polish soldiers in Iraq making us of the Patria vehicles - Sorry lost the link long ago. I got the chance three years ago to see their items up close on a tour of where these are made - Very cool to say the least. As I stated above I was impressed with how fast many of these are, which I guess fits well into the Finnish manner of defence - hit fast and get out. Now these can be used in the same manner as the ski troops of old. They are also quite rugged. I know the Poles have these but I am not sure the other nations using Patria items. There are more than Poland but I can not recall all the nations making use of them. A real leader in the armor market.

If I get a pink one I need to recruit members to become the "Pink Death?" :eek: Sadly I do not think that I could afford one - maybe they could sell me a factory second????
:D:eek::rolleyes::p;):confused::eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts