Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,273 Posts
Very nice! Your rifle is dripping with history. Congrats! (y)

I’m sorry to say that I didn’t have much interest in these rifles and I let the importation of Chinese SKS rifles from Albania slip past me. I don’t have a single example but your rifle would have prompted me to quickly reach for my wallet.

Back when the Yugoslavian SKS rifles were flooding the country I went out of my way to obtain examples with carvings and inscriptions. Because the market was saturated with the M59/66, in condition ranging from literally new and unissued to very well used and abused battlefield pickups, the price of the “personalized” examples tended towards the low end the spectrum.

Please remember that this is back when you could go to a gun show where many a table was lined with ten or twelve of these Yugoslav SKSs, with more under the table, and a buyer could take his pick. Not surprisingly most paid little attention to the beat up examples covered with graffiti lying next to the rifles in much nicer condition.

·
Registered
127 Posts
YES!! I picked up at a gun show an Yugoslavian SKS with ....it looked like magazine pictures of a European Boy band on the stock. The pictures were laminated over. Like Richard from NY said, the SKS were issue to looking brand new. I put it back in the crate and got a new one.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I bought some of the Yugo M70 parts kit when they first came in the country in ‘05, I got two that had Beverly Hills 90210 and Ninja Turtles stickers all over them along with Serb eagle carvings.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,369 Posts
Nice! I like the graffiti/trench art. I have a couple of the Chinese Type 56s from Albania with Albanian surnames carved on them and a Yugoslavian M59/66 with a Serbian crest carving.

Yours has a beechwood Albanian made replacement stock as indicated by the ray fleck, aka “fish scales”.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Best Yugo’s I got to pick through back then had “Baywatch”stickers and one that had “Marvin the Martian”. Lacquered in place for safe keeping. Baywatch ones couldn’t find one with the “Hoff” on it, weird I know. If they had been cleaned before turned in and the bores were not rotten I would have snagged those! The one that came home had the word Lizzie scratched on it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
reminds me of one I let get away 20 years ago. a yugo 59/66. I must have gone back to the store 4 times to check it out and anguished over whether the art was additive or negative to me. Shoulda bought it. enjoy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts