Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard of or tried the solio solar charger? It is at this link http://www.solio.com//v2/index.htm

It seems like a neat idea - I'm wondering if it is worth the price (and it is cheaper at amazon.com too. :) )

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
i checked out the website....... wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll. i dunno. i bought a foldable 15 watt solar panel from Nothern Tools, it was 120 bucks and came with all kinds of attachments to charge things with. i love it. it's about the size of a LARGE laptop with not nearly the weight. i ran a boombox all day today on it, 12V, with the panel even in full shade but pointed at the sky. also i see cheaperthandirt has some rollup models, look military, that i think would be good. i also use mine to charge 12v car batteries, it really is nice for the price.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a solar battery charger that will charge various battery sizes, but it would be nice to have something for charging other things.

Is this similar to the rollup model that you've seen? rollup solar panel

Here is another that seems like it would be a good idea. solar panel kit

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
no, it's a fold up 2 panel pack with a long extension wire, then has all kinds of adapters with it. it's in Northern Tolls big catalog, i just got a small catalog and it wasn't there. i think i got a 10 dollar discount, then paid like 14 bucks for a lifetime warranty, they replace it no questions asked if something should break. it really is nice , and compact. it's hard plastic case looks similar to a laptop folded but lighter and thinner.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
sniper, go to Northern Tools website, type in solar panels in the box.... it's listed under the sunforce 13 watt foldable charger. when i bought mine it was advertised at 15 watts, the price has been reduced to 99 bucks, i paid a little more. i think i will get another one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
yesserii, dat B it. lot of bang for the buck in my opinion.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ive been thinking about getting one of those Northern setups too...I want something I can keep FRS/2m radio batteries charged up with, etc, in a long term SHTF type scenario...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts