Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**Sold**

For sale is my genuine original Civil War-era Remington New Model Army revolver, in .44 caliber blackpowder. It is completely numbers-matching and is in working, operational condition.

It is completely numbers-matching (Serial number 115556) on the frame, back of the cylinder, trigger guard, and both grips (written in pencil). It is also extensively military/martially marked on all major components. Barrrel address is still present and readable. There is also a faint cartouche on the left grip. The serial number places this revolver as being made in late 1864 to early 1865.

The most obvious issue is that the pistol was re-blued at some point in the distant past. I also believe that the front sight has been replaced. Lastly, There is some blueing loss on the top of the frame/backstrap. Other than these cosmetic issues, You could take this to the range today and shoot it! A very presentable historic, revolver for your collection!

Because of the re-finishing, The price on this pistol is *Sold* to $650, with shipping in the USA included. This is an antique, so it can be sent legally without any form of FFL or C&R. Shipping will be via prompt USPS Priority Mail insured.

Payment at this time via discreet online PP payments only with no extra fees (Sorry, But I need quick funds for an unexpected expense).

Ask questions in advance, But the first EMAIL to me with a committed "I'll take it" gets it.

Thanks in advance!
John

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More information and pics for those who asked.

The barrel has the Sept 14 patent date and address, with "New Model" below. All kinds of inspector marks. Starting with left side: "J" on frame under recoil shield, "C" on frame by barrel threads, "W" on barrel next to frame, and "G" on loading lever. On the right side of the frame/barrel is: "C" on frame by barrel threads, and another "C" on barrel next to frame. Other insp. marks are "G" and "C" on the cylinder, a "J" on the trigger guard, and a small "x" in front of the loading lever catch.

Here are some more pics.

Thanks for the interest!
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts