Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody received a Garand from SOG? Just wondering on the overall condition, muzzel wear etc.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Danish return rack grades from what I hear...

·
Registered
254 Posts
You might want to read RiG's posting on the "MIlitary Semi-Auto" Forum. His report is not encouraging. The rifles that SOG is selling reportedly came out of somehere in Central or South America-an area not known for firearms longevity or preservation.

·
Registered
532 Posts
When I volunteered at CMP Anniston about a year and a half ago, they had just gotten in many, many crates of Garands from somewhere in SA. I never saw them, but the employee I was working with had, and he said they were junk. None of them were sellable, and they were going to use them for parts. I saw some really nasty looking receivers for sale there a few weeks ago. Might have come from those rifles. I would be very careful of anything from SA.

R

·
0 Posts
I was considering getting one from SOG... I'm glad I ordered a Service Grade from the CMP instead. :)

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,642 Posts
You made a good choice.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
"Ga-rand"?? Is this a mosin nagant variant that I have missed? I've been searching on ted's site for hours and can't find anything about the mosin garand!!??? :)

T

(my best attempt at wit on a saturday afternoon!)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
"Ga-rand"?? Is this a mosin nagant variant that I have missed? I've been searching on ted's site for hours and can't find anything about the mosin garand!!??? :)

T

(my best attempt at wit on a saturday afternoon!)
It's OK to love more than one. ;)

Remember, variety is the spice of life.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Shy, That is a beautiful rifle. I will have one someday I hope.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Shy, That is a beautiful rifle. I will have one someday I hope.
John, Take a look at the:

CMP SPECIAL:
CMP's new grade of M1 Garand. Limited run of 1,000 Garands available for sale beginning 17 Sept, 2007. This rifle consists of a new production stock and handguard set with CMP cartouche, a new production barrel and new leather sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. 2007 Introductory Price is $895.00 plus S&H.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,736 Posts
John, Take a look at the:

CMP SPECIAL:
CMP's new grade of M1 Garand. Limited run of 1,000 Garands available for sale beginning 17 Sept, 2007. This rifle consists of a new production stock and handguard set with CMP cartouche, a new production barrel and new leather sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. 2007 Introductory Price is $895.00 plus S&H.
While I prefer my battle-hardened example, $895 is a good price when you compare it to the new M1s that Springfield Armory is selling.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
Shy, that is a beautiful M1!

I ended up snatching one a while back, but these danged mosins keep monopolizing my attention and money!!

6-digit, Oct 1941. 1944 bbl with a late war and postwar stock stamp:

I guess there's a little room for mausers, enfields and US milsurps. Just a little!

T

·
Registered
176 Posts
I will let you know, one of my customers saw the SOG ad in my store and 30 seconds later was on the phone ordering one, when it arrives I will post a report.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have two Garands in the stable. One is a SA WW2 build and the other is a Beretta Armi marked Garand with danish crown.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts