1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopper Gets Leg Up at Carolina Auction
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:17 PM EDT
The Associated Press

MAIDEN, N.C. (AP) — A man who bought a smoker Tuesday at an auction of abandoned items might have thought twice had he looked inside first.

Maiden police said the man opened up the smoker and saw what he thought was a piece of driftwood wrapped in paper. When he unwrapped it, he found a human leg, cut off 2 to 3 inches above the knee.

The smoker had been sold at an auction of items left behind at a storage facility, so investigators contacted the mother and son who had rented the space where the smoker was found.

The mother explained her son had his leg amputated after a plane crash and kept the leg following the surgery. The mother said her son plans to drive to Maiden, about 35 miles northwest of Charlotte, to reclaim his amputated leg, police said.

(Naw! Since when are you allowed to keep amputated body parts, sounds bogus to me. Check that guys "fake" leg!)

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Here in Ky. You can keep it,But you have to have it buried just like a whole body-Casket,Vault,embalming,everything.My Granddaddy did it when they cut off his leg.

Now,On a lighter note.I guess it would ALL depend on how nice the smoker was as to whether or not I would use it.I would probably just change out the grid's and pressure wash the rest,depending on drainage etc.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drainage????

Drainage? well that vision did for me.... no BBQ till I forget!!!!!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Whether or not the Leg had Rotted Down on the grid.Then the bottom drain , Where the cooked fat runs out.Did the Gooo Drain out ? Or just sit inside it and rot down.?

·
Silver Bullet member
34,479 Posts
If it did, just hose it with starter fluid and burn it out. Oh, I'd definitely change out the grid, but from there down I'd just burn it out. The drip cup, too.

BBQ Sam, what's your preference in sauce? Down my way (Louisiana) we tend to like the spicy smoky-sweet stuff. Do you dry cook your ribs, or do you mop 'em?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
If it did, just hose it with starter fluid and burn it out. Oh, I'd definitely change out the grid, but from there down I'd just burn it out. The drip cup, too.

BBQ Sam, what's your preference in sauce? Down my way (Louisiana) we tend to like the spicy smoky-sweet stuff. Do you dry cook your ribs, or do you mop 'em?
Dry Rub is the Only wat to go.Mop the chicken.Our sauce is of coarse a secret,but we have 3 kinds (because were in Ky.-The middle of KC,NC,&Memphis) Sweet , Regular (spicy,sweet & REAL Smoke) ,Or we Do have a Cajun sauce that is pretty good.ALL Homemade from scratch of course ! MY personal choice is our Regular.Oh,we do mop it on request :rolleyes: . Our biggest seller though ,is pulled pork sandwich with a side of regular sauce and homemade Tater Salad with 16 oz. sweet tea.:D About 500 lb per week of pork in only our 1st month of operation. For being in the middle of competing with louisville and Owensboro,I think were doing O.K.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts