Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Whoa that was a steal. It was a SVT scope in an original mount with base and what appears to be an original bolt. Bummer.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa that was a steal. It was a SVT scope in an original mount with base and what appears to be an original bolt. Bummer.
Thought it looked pretty good, but there are repro SVT scopes out there.
I wanted the bolt and base more than the scope...

tim

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Nothing really outside of the scope is worth about 2/3 what the price was.

Bolt 125.00
scope with mount 250-300.00
cover and base-75.00

That equals a really good deal it seems.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was thinking the scope might be a little more since it appears that the scope has not been recalibrated to the 91/30 (no CB between the 0 and 13 on the top knob).

In any case the scope and mount would have been resellable...

The winning bidder has no feedback, so hopefully he will flake out... :D

tim

Nothing really outside of the scope is worth about 2/3 what the price was.

Bolt 125.00
scope with mount 250-300.00
cover and base-75.00

That equals a really good deal it seems.

·
Registered
290 Posts
yes, i would also like to know about the cb marking, i just got a 91/30 sniper when i stopped by MGS because i saw the SVT40 scope, i didnt want the rifle, but that was the only way to get the scope. I had been looking for an svt 40 scope for a long time

if they readjusted my scope for the 91/30 then i will have to find another for my svt 40. Mine was rearsenalled in 1967 and was originally dated 1944

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The way I understand it is that many SVT 40 scopes were reused on 91/30 snipers. The ballisics of the semi-autos are a bit different from the bolt action ballistics, so the SVT scopes were recalibrated to the 91/30 and marked with the letters CB on the top knob between the 0 and the 13 to show that they had been recalibrated.

Someone please correct me if the is inacurate.

tim

·
Registered
290 Posts
so is there any benefit to having a PU scope or recalibrated SVT scope on a 91/30?

basicly is one better than the other for any reason?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats amazing. The repro PU I just got, someone says it has an SVT scope on it. 1942 year. What is so special about these?
SVT scopes do not seem to be as conmmon as PU scopes and are just the ticket if you are trying to sniper your SVT, since PU scopes were not used on SVTs.

Your scope generates all kinds of questions:
Where did the rifle come from? There have been repro rifles that came with original scopes, including SVT scopes.

Are there refurb markings on the scope? Refub marks will probably mean the scope is original.

Where are the photos of your scope?!

I checked, no CB on the scope.
There are also repro SVT scopes out there.

tim

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
This is a Century replica sniper I ordered last week from SOG. It is a 1942 Ishevek, typical refurb. In the photos I was told it had an SVT scope. I was told if it had a CB mark between the 0 and 13 on the top dial then it has been reworked for a 91/30, it does not have it marked. It has a 1942 date a serial number, and a refurb box with a 1959.
There have been no pictures of the scope...because they were not requested. Here they are...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
If someone will pardon my ignorance, but what marks do the turrets have on regular PU scopes???

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
Nice looking SVT PU scope with original mount.

Base looks like one of the very late war/early post war military issue versions with the visible milling marks and the squared front projection. It has the hard to find, desirable, and valuable mounting screws, but the locating pins (at least the front one) and locking screws appear to be missing, although they could be still wrapped up in wax paper in the pouch in the scope cover the way many of these come.

The early war scope cover with the tie strings looks a little worn, but still servicable. These are not common, and are rather desirable. The leather lens caps add value too.

The complete bolt assembly also adds quite a bit of value, although I can't tell from the photos if it's an original or replica.

The scope, mount, and base setup with the lens caps and canvas cover could go as high as the $450 to $500 range (scope is worth around $250, mount around $150, base with screws around $100+, lens cap and cover set $50 to $75), and the complete sniper bolt assembly would be about $75 or so for a good replica and around $175 or more for an original.

Yeah, for $325, I'd say someone stole this setup!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts