Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
47,656 Posts
A lot of folks got rid of the barrels because of the import stamp .
I think he means the large lot that Obama\Clinton (hilz) would not let be imported,

not the first lot of Blue Sky stuff,

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
CMP will not even try to get these as they are claimed by the South Korean government as being bought outright by them. None are reported as being aid from the US. The Koreans had the rifles sold and ready to be shipped but the fearless leader at the time told the Hildabeast as Secretary of State, do not allow them into the US. So they sit in South Korea. The carbines are those evil ones that take those bad 15 round magazines and have a barrel band to allow the use of ( heaven forbid ) an assault bayonet.

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,106 Posts
What makes them "assault bayonets"? Do they also have high capacity clips?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Remember Matt anything over 10 rounds was forbidden as was a bayonet lug or even a flash hider when they were all banned for 10 years by Whimpey Bush. As such any made became assault bayonets and were bad Ju Ju and could not be imported or made. After the ban ended those assault bayonets returned and have lead a peaceful life with no one being assaulted by them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm just thankful that the Korean surplus .30 carbine ammunition is on the market right now. It won't last forever though, and I'm sure the prices will skyrocket just like everything else right now.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
47,656 Posts
What makes them "assault bayonets"? Do they also have high capacity clips?
they are sharp and pointy, and attach evil firearms that go bang,

bad juju,

remember, most scissors have rounded ends now

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,106 Posts
Now you guys are scaring me about assault bayonets, lugs, flash hiders and pointer sticks.

I need to buy a gun to protect me from those dangerous things, Korea and Bush.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
47,656 Posts
Now you guys are scaring me about assault bayonets, lugs, flash hiders and pointer sticks.

I need to buy a gun to protect me from those dangerous things, Korea and Bush.
just make sure you get the proper permits etc,

and don't run with it;)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
From what I've heard Century won the auction on a lot of those. Unable to import to the US they shipped them to Canada where most were broken down for parts. Rumour was that Century had to do layoffs to cover for the money they lost on the deal.

Still supposed to be quantities left there though.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
From what I've heard Century won the auction on a lot of those. Unable to import to the US they shipped them to Canada where most were broken down for parts. Rumour was that Century had to do layoffs to cover for the money they lost on the deal.

Still supposed to be quantities left there though.
Didn't happen. There were no sales of any M1 Carbine parts sets in Canada.

Any rifle made on those kits from the US would have been a prohibited weapons. Barrels too short.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
He was speaking about the M1 Garand's not the carbines. The carbine's are all another load sitting in ware houses like the M1s in Korea. Century and a group of others did buy the M1's but was never able to import them into the US. As far as I know they still are in Korea. I am surprised that Trump did not allow them to be imported. Century can import the carbines into Canada. They can sell some of them as the 19 inch barrel was changed back to 18 inch but not many people have the required clearance now to have one from what I was told.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Most of the Century procured parts kits were from Italy. A Century receiver Garand is an excellent source if Beretta and Breda parts.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
https://www.miltonindependent.com/news/century-arms-lays-off-41-workers/article_4ed95bd5-6e27-5d68-8025-720879dcbee9.html

Article above talks about Century spending $30 million on the Garands, and the resulting layoff of employees because they could not be brought into the US.

Could not find a link detailing what they did with the rifles they bought. Thinking I read an article in the GCA on it, but the final disposition of them might just have been a rumor.

I also fail to understand why a company that purchased M1 rifles from Italy and sent them to Canada to be broke down - then regrettably bought more of these same M1 rifles from South Korea - Why that same company wouldn't also send them to Canada????

Storage fees? Shipping fees? No money? Acceptable answers, but I would love to hear from someone that actually knows.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The reason they are still in Korea is the import license issued by the State Department was cancelled by the Hilda Beast on orders from the Pres. He didn't want to piss off the anti-gun people who backed him politically. I just don't know why Trump has not given this the green light.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
The reason they are still in Korea is the import license issued by the State Department was cancelled by the Hilda Beast on orders from the Pres. He didn't want to piss off the anti-gun people who backed him politically. I just don't know why Trump has not given this the green light.
So that stopped them from being shipped to Canada?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts