Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious...............never heard or seen one.

Oops-forgot I couldn't post anything on a current auction. Well, here's the narrative anyway:

"The Weapon: Sig Sauer GSR 1911 .45 cal. serial #GS 16982 Limited Edition #33 out of 100 The History: This is not one of the weapons produced with the BW logo for public sale. This weapon (and the other 99 in the order) was offered exclusively to Blackwater employees in the Spring of 2008. The order sold out in about 30 minutes. I was fortunate enough to get this one. To the best of my knowledge none of the others have subsequently been offered for sale to the general public. I worked for BW in Baghdad from February 2007 through May 2009. I was assigned to Team 26 for most of the deployment. We commissioned a challenge coin for the team. We struck 100 of them, and I took number 33 to match the pistol. The coin goes with the weapon. I think that maybe 2 or 3 of the buyers had coins to match their weapons. A very rare combination. The Reason: I’m selling this one because BW did a similar deal with Kimber a few months later, and I was lucky enough to get one of those also. The Kimber is not for sale. Since I don’t care to have two “show” pistols I thought I’d put the Sig up for auction and see what the market will bear. The Price: I don’t “need” the money, and it will not break my heart if the weapon does not sell, hence the high reserve. It will probably be worth more later on anyway when someone decides to make the Blackwater movie…
[Information added 4/22/2010 1:15:13 PM]I will include a sworn affidavit as to the weapon's authenticity."

Whaddaya y'all think? Worth blowin' my refund on?

·
Administrator
17,990 Posts
Shark, you would be paying a lot of extra money for a little bit of laser etching. Sig offers a model with Nitron finish and rail that looks just like the Blackwater edition, and I'm sure you can get it for less than the one you're looking at. I wouldn't think the Blackwater edition would ever be worth a premium except to loyal Blackwater employees, unless, the original owner was somehow famous. I mean the kind of famous like if he becomes governor or something, and you can probably guess how likely that is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly.

But it is a nice story, very creative.
The depth of the ignorance on Gunboards cannot be easily measured. Just like the number of self proclaimed "experts" here cannot be easily counted. The fact is that I personally know the man selling this pistol. I worked for Blackwater for four years and worked with him for two of those years. He really worked for BW, he really served on Raven 26, and he really purchased this pistol. He has seen and done things you can't even imagine. I posted this on Gunboards to give him a little "buzz" and help him out.

But of course guys like RH7777, obviously know this to be a "nice story, very creative" even though I doubt you have ever left a boot track in Iraq, much less have even heard of this pistol before. It's been a long time since I've posted anything on Gunboards but I see it is still the same moronic fleamarket of stupidity and trailer park intellects.

·
Diamond Member
249 Posts
Shark, I for one take umbrage to your last statement. I have not left tracks in Iraq, but Have left friends and tracks in SE Asia and Angola. I find it kind of funny that you knowingly break the rule of items on current auction but get pissed when someone questions the integrity of this item.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
The depth of the ignorance on Gunboards cannot be easily measured. Just like the number of self proclaimed "experts" here cannot be easily counted. The fact is that I personally know the man selling this pistol. I worked for Blackwater for four years and worked with him for two of those years. He really worked for BW, he really served on Raven 26, and he really purchased this pistol. He has seen and done things you can't even imagine. I posted this on Gunboards to give him a little "buzz" and help him out.

But of course guys like RH7777, obviously know this to be a "nice story, very creative" even though I doubt you have ever left a boot track in Iraq, much less have even heard of this pistol before. It's been a long time since I've posted anything on Gunboards but I see it is still the same moronic fleamarket of stupidity and trailer park intellects.
You're an admitted shill, and now you insult us for being doubtful of a flashy auction story? Good grief. Take a hike, buddy.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,482 Posts
You're an admitted shill, and now you insult us for being doubtful of a flashy auction story? Good grief. Take a hike, buddy.
I have no problem with the story (legend if you will). It probably IS a "Limited Edition" strictly for BW employees. So? I don't see that as adding any value to the gun. sort of like the various factory commemoratives, which are generally worth about the same as any other example of the basic gun in the same condition. As I noted, to me, the BW BS adds zip. Others may be eaten up with admiration for the company and feel otherwise.

I will note i have left no tracks in Iraq or Kuwait or Ashcanistan - but I did leave a few in Vietnam, doubtless long since washed away by the forty monsoons since then....

I find the final line in the original post ("Whaddaya y'all think? Worth blowin' my refund on?") with its implication of "I am thinking about buying this. Should i and what shpould i py?""somewhat at odds with "I posted this on Gunboards to give him a little "buzz" and help him out" though....

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It may well be what is stated, a limited edition gun, special purchase. Many military units have been making special "group" purchases. A limited edition, government contractor group buy doesn't interest me in the leaset bit; now if it were something special, like from one of the first units to enter Bhagdad, etc. then maybe it would have some special meaning.

The Sig GSR Revolution is a good pistol for a group purchase though I have an all stainless GSR and it is flawless not to mention very accurate.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
I have no problem with the story (legend if you will). It probably IS a "Limited Edition" strictly for BW employees. So? I don't see that as adding any value to the gun. sort of like the various factory commemoratives, which are generally worth about the same as any other example of the basic gun in the same condition. As I noted, to me, the BW BS adds zip. Others may be eaten up with admiration for the company and feel otherwise.

I will note i have left no tracks in Iraq or Kuwait or Ashcanistan - but I did leave a few in Vietnam, doubtless long since washed away by the forty monsoons since then....

I find the final line in the original post ("Whaddaya y'all think? Worth blowin' my refund on?") with its implication of "I am thinking about buying this. Should i and what shpould i py?""somewhat at odds with "I posted this on Gunboards to give him a little "buzz" and help him out" though....
I agree with you Clyde. It doesn't matter to me whether the story is true or not, and I think some skepticism is healthy when dealing with a gun that supposedly derives its value from a connection to a famous (or infamous) group.

What bothers me is directly-against-the-rules shilling and then his lashing out with such childish insults. Members here gave honest answers to his question, which was less than honest.

·
Silver Bullet member
708 Posts
Shark =====

Seems to me that you are showing your own intelligence by posting this last bit of nonsense on here. If you don't feel that the posts on here are for the benefit of others, why do you even show up and make an a## of yourself by your statements. Hopefully, it will be a long time before you post again.
The pistol has a very interesting past and history in itself and may God Bless every one of the troops that have spent, and are spending, their time in the "sand box" and keeping our country safe and free.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
i hang out here 'bout every nite. i don't remember ever seeing even 1 person claiming to be an expert on anything. but i've read enough posts to consider 3 or 4 around here as experts. anything labeled BW at this stage of the game is probably taken as a negative from people that keep up with the times. maybe down the road, who knows. at the present, i'm not looking for anything BW for my collection. i'm just a low end collector, surely no expert, though.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
shark, looks like a great investment, go ahead and buy it with your refund. then let us know how it shoots and post some pics. i'm dying to see it, like the guy said, very rare. i'll just have to take his word and your assesment and pics for proof, as i'm no expert please hurry. also, since you know this fellow. get a photo of him holding the coin and the pistol..... PRICELESS.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

I'm REALLY impressed. Sonny

On a side note, hero (self proclaimed). Its against the rules to post active auctions. Comply.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,642 Posts

When you post a "What Do You Think" inquiry on Gunboards, expertise is not a prerequisite, and personal commentary is not subject to a Junior Expert's criticism. I am certain that you are and have done all you proclaim, but your tone is offensive, and not conducive to cultivating friendships in any social setting. Anything is worth only the price someone is willing to pay for it, no matter how "special' it may be.

So, either rephrase the question to weed out the riff-raff, or apologise and move on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts