Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
34,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reproducing Gunny Hatchcock's famous through-the-scope shot. It originally failed because they used modern scopes. This time they used what would've been the most likely scope.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkIBAM_krWQ

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
So what are the Mythbusters using?
Not sure I understand what you mean by that.........if it's what kind of scope, it was a PU scope. if you mean what kind of round was used, if memory serves, it was a AP 7.62 NATO. rifle I believe was a REMINGTON 700

·
Registered
146 Posts
kalinka scopes

looks to me that thoes were kalinka brand scopes which are made to be a bit stronger than older pu scopes (i know i have two of them) also hathcock was using the win. model 70. i dont think he was using the rem.700

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
What's that??!!??

A ten metres shot?

What kind of test is this? Different rifles, differents ammos, different distance...and different conditions..

Carlos used a Winchester model 70 with an 8x Unertl scope,
he shot the .30-06 M72 match ammunition with a 173 grain boat tailed bullet,
and the distance was more than few metres..

Fortunately all the PU scopes were repro..

Look at the MN stock...it cracked when the bullet hit the scope...

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey i just watched the mithbuster clip again and realized that the first scope they shot at was the same kind you can buy from inter ordnance (where ever they get theirs from) and the last two scopes are from kalinkaoptics their web site says that the scopes are made in st petersburge russia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.