Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,800 Posts
But - armor does a pretty good job at cutting down on casualties from small arms and other, more ordinary, threats. EFPs work very well indeed, but like shaped-charges, they have limitations as well. Bottom line - war ain't safe. Darn it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Yes, and those EFPs are being supplied by our friends in Iran. They are exporting these devices to both Iraq and Afghanistan.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Yes, and those EFPs are being supplied by our friends in Iran. They are exporting these devices to both Iraq and Afghanistan.
Have any proof of that? How do we know they don't come from Syria?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Well Mauserboy, I've seen them and the documentation of where they come from. Any other stupid questions?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
70,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Well Mauserboy, I've seen them and the documentation of where they come from. Any other stupid questions?
So you've seen ones in Afghanistan.

You know, Iran helped us when we invaded Afghanistan.

In any case, we shouldn't be surprised that Iranian weaponry is filtering into Iraq.
Just imagine if China invaded and occupied Mexico, we would be sending our own weapons down there too.

It wouldn't be impossible for a terrorist to bribe a low ranking Iranian officer into selling him AT weapons.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
For every stupid answer is a simple solution:

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
Well yes, but why do they need to bribe the iranians for something they get for free.?
I would also point out that the iranian army does have supply types like any other army. If Ahmed comes up short during inspection, somebody is going to start asking questions, and the punishment would be a bit more drastic than the stockade.
Perhaps you think Iran loves us?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Well yes, but why do they need to bribe the iranians for something they get for free.?
We already know the pay for a US army Lt isn't that peachy; just imagine what it is for an Iranian Lt.

"He Muhommad, lemme get some of them bombs to take with me to Iraq."

"No chance Assad, I need cash."

"How about $1000 US dollars?"

"Deal."

Its that simple.

Iran is mostly Shiite. AQ is a Sunni terrorist organization. Why do you think they helped us when we invaded Afghanistan?
Yes they may be aiding the Shiite insurgency in Iraq, just as Syria is probably arming the Sunni insurgency in Iraq.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
In answer to your tragic little question, yes I have. In both countries, with my own two eyes. There is a pipeline of illegal weaponery coming across both borders, and we are seeing it in the form of evidence whenever the coalitions seize a cache. Now for another question that I already know the answer too. When were you in either Iraq or Afghanistan, and in what capacity? You seem to be this incredible fountain of knowledge and opinion. State your qualifications now!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Now for another question that I already know the answer too. When were you in either Iraq or Afghanistan, and in what capacity? You seem to be this incredible fountain of knowledge and opinion. State your qualifications now!
His qualifications? Two words - Ron Paul! :D

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Waiting for the 2000 word reply on how Ron Paul will raise the dead and make Niagara Falls run backwards.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Maybe somebody could explain to me how one can tell an local IED from an Iranian one, or a Chinese, Russian, or Any other nations one? They what, stamp "Made in Iran by Noor and his crew" on them? Really, I have always wondered this. I mention this because with the right materials most anybody could make one in their garage if they wanted, they aren't rocket sicence.....

Anyway, there is a nice lady back east who finally found a shipper to sent the 80,000 cans of Silly String she has collected to our troops, the cans were considered hazmat and until a professional shipper stepped forward they were not going.

The troops can shoot the Silly String out 12 feet ahead of themselves and see if it lies on the ground or hangs from an nearly invisable trip wire. Neat idea i do think.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,800 Posts
Dilly String is a hazmat? I think I'll refrain from comment on that. Except to say "It ain't"...

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
In answer to your tragic little question, yes I have. In both countries, with my own two eyes. There is a pipeline of illegal weaponery coming across both borders, and we are seeing it in the form of evidence whenever the coalitions seize a cache. Now for another question that I already know the answer too. When were you in either Iraq or Afghanistan, and in what capacity? You seem to be this incredible fountain of knowledge and opinion. State your qualifications now!
As I am sure there are weapons being smuggled across the border. But can you blame the Iranians? We are in there back yard, bud. And you know damn well that we would be doing the same thing to if one of our neighbors was being occupied by a foreign power.

Shit, we did the same thing to the Soviets. We supplied the Afghan fighters there(including Bin Laden) with weapons and money.

Guess where the most suicide bombers in Iraq come from?

Saudi Arabia, over 50% are Saudis. Its natural for countries that don't like us to fund the people fighting us.
Its no different than when we funded the British in World War I and World War II.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Maybe somebody could explain to me how one can tell an local IED from an Iranian one, or a Chinese, Russian, or Any other nations one? They what, stamp "Made in Iran by Noor and his crew" on them? Really, I have always wondered this. I mention this because with the right materials most anybody could make one in their garage if they wanted, they aren't rocket sicence.....

Anyway, there is a nice lady back east who finally found a shipper to sent the 80,000 cans of Silly String she has collected to our troops, the cans were considered hazmat and until a professional shipper stepped forward they were not going.

The troops can shoot the Silly String out 12 feet ahead of themselves and see if it lies on the ground or hangs from an nearly invisable trip wire. Neat idea i do think.
1. The manufacture of main IED components (The shape charge) is made in Iran, China, ect...

These devices (shape charges) are as different from one manufacturer to another as one television at Best Buy is different from one from a different manufacturer.
Shape charges "made in the garage" are not effective. This goes back to the difference between what is right and what is simple. (see bottom of post)

The model, markings, and materials give the manufacturer away every time.

This is an OBVIOUS thing.

No WAG's or SWAG's here.

2. The nice lady from back east would have saved herself a lot of time and money of she would have contacted the nearest reserve center before taking it upon herself to buy all of that "silly string".

People who have been there would be able to explain to her that while her intentions are good, this idea will not work because we are in Iraq and Afghanistan, (NOT A VIETNAM MOVIE) and trip wires are not going to be strung up between trees in dense jungle vegetation.

If there are any tripwires to be found they will be in an urban environment.

Soldiers will want two hands available for weapon use, communications, and signaling.

God did not see fit to bestow a third hand for silly string.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts