Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the first page of threads here in the Sound Off/RKBA section, I see that there are 8 threads about Barack Obama. All of them negative. There are three threads about John Mccain. Two of them negative, one positive.

Come on guys, this is your knight in shinning armor. Where are all the threads containing praise about John McCain? I mean, should such conservative gentlemen such as yourselves be commending John McCain and praising him on his conservative record?

Oh wait.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
What more needs to be said about McCain? Most of us have already settled on him as "The Guy We're Going to Vote For".

On the other hand, mocking a liberal like Obama never really gets old.

And if anybody here has ever categorized McCain as something like a white knight or a savior, I surely haven't seen it. Nothing beyond merely stating he's what we've got in the ring for this bout.

If you're looking for Jim Jones-follower style slavishness, well...we don't really do that sort of thing. That's for Paulites and Obama people. It's just one of the facets that makes either of those two candidates look distasteful.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Mouser-I find it humorous that you call McCain our knight in shining armor.

I bet that Richard Simmons is your knight in Shining Armor

·
Banned
3,627 Posts
What more needs to be said about McCain? Most of us SLAVES have already settled on him as "The Guy We're FORCED to Vote For".
FIX'T IT FOR YA!!!!

I bet that Sucks being forced to Vote for someone.....especially when you dislike his policies........Personally I find that pretty Sad.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
FIX'T IT FOR YA!!!!

I bet that Sucks being forced to Vote for someone.....especially when you dislike his policies........Personally I find that pretty Sad.
I don't dislike him in policies. Not all of them. And I'm certain I agreed more with McCain than I ever did with Paul. See, McCain occassionally shows his "maverick" side. Paul, on the other hand, has foreign policy rhetoric that would look at home on the Code Pink website or MoveOn.org. See, in my book that makes him more "liberal" than McCain. Real conservatives don't use rhetoric that is indistinguishable from something Dennis Kucinich might say (or DID say).

Of the two guys who are going to the White House, I'm voting for the one of them I happen to agree with the most.

This is what it means to be a member of a party. To identify yourself with that party.

I don't always get exactly what I want, but I usually get a lot of what I want.

For example, I got Roberts and Alito and the ruling on DC v. Heller with my last Presidential vote. In your parlance, I was forced into that vote too.

But I got results with it. I got tax cuts. I got the sublime pleasure of seeing Bolton mock the UN for a short, sweet while. Plenty of other things besides.

What'd you get?

I have to tell you, even Libertarians and Constituionalists get "forced"...if they are loyal to their brand and insist on supporting their party. How else would you explain anybody voting for non-entities like Harry Brown or Badnarik?

My guess would be because that is who the Libertarian Party put forth as their champion. And if they are serious about voting for the LP, then that is who they vote for.

I guess you don't operate that way.

I recently read a quote from John Maynard Keynes, who's economic theories I thoroughly despise. Somebody once criticized him for changing his position on a long held belief.

Keynes replied, "When the facts change, I change my opinion. What do you do, sir?"

Your man didn't get the nomination. Didn't even come close. Of the two men who will win, you will find that you agree with one of them more often than the other.

So what is your plan?

Sorry about the detailed, structured arguments I favor. I notice that all the Paulites here like to deal in 1-3 sentence comebacks. Usually opinion stated over and over again as if that were enough to make it fact...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
mcsame is very lame.. obama is most likely worse.. i'm glad to have the 2 party system working so well for all of us again.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Ah, a one-sentence comeback. How shockingly unexpected...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the use of MORE words does NOT make you more intelligent my friend..

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
..by the way.. who is that REALLY OLD man in the above photos?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Who's talking about intelligence? I'm talking about the ability or desire to back up your beliefs with something substantive. Something convincing. Something not "mcsame is very lame".

Yes, it will forever be a mystery to me how Paul could fail with such persuasive and convincing foot soldiers out there stumping for him.

Want to know why we have a two party system?

Or I should say, why 3rd parties rarely get even 500,000 votes in any election?

Well, it isn't Big Corporate Media shutting out the little guy. It isn't some cabal between the two big parties.

It's more this:

Political beliefs and values in America are mostly a package deal.

For example, I'm going to try and name a non-existent American. I'll describe him as:

A vegan Christian fundamentalist gun-owning homosexual black jewish man who believes in school vouchers, progressive tax rates, free trade agreements, supporting the Palestinians, closed union shops, preimptive strikes on terror-sponsor states, legalizing marijuana, affirmative action, block grants to states, national missile defense, opposes nuclear power, supports federalism, and believes in an elastic interpretation of the Constitution.

I'm pretty sure that in this nation of over 300 million people, you will not find a single man matching that description.

Why? Because political beliefs come in packages. It is a function of socialization.

Now, If I were to describe him a gun-owning Christian fundamentalist man who believes in school vouchers, free trade agreements, preimptive strikes on terror sponsoring states, missile defense, block grants to states, and federalism, do you suppose we might find, oh, two or three guys out there who match that description?

Third party types (even if they happen to be friggin' smart enough to RUN in one of the major parties) do not fit the standard package deal. And their support tends to come from that small, tiny minority of Americans who also derive their political beliefs from seemingly opposite packages.

In this case, you get "conservatives" who, strangely, find the concept of American Exceptionalism as contemptible as any Berkeley radical does. Are hostile to organized religion. Favor drug legalization. When talking of Bush or Iraq, use language identical to anything you'd find on DemocraticUnderground.com

Third parties draw their support from this tiny minority of patchwork beliefs. This incongruous smorgasbord of a political belief package.

When you are selling a product designed from the outset to appeal to the smallest political segment of the country, you should hardly be suprised by the results.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
Ron Paul? if that's is him, not to worry, he's history..... mousers' major.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
bet that Richard Simmons is your knight in Shining Armor?
Shining spandex maybe...

Osama Hussein Barak Bin Obama will wind up beating himself...

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
hot, bubba, bet it's nice up there in yankeetown, huh?:D you ever hunt the upper P?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
yeah.. it's low 70's today.. been TOO HUMID for TOO LONG though.. i only hunted in the U.P. when i was real young with my grampa.. about 30 years ago.

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,388 Posts
Hey MauserboyM48

Looking at the first page of threads here in the Sound Off/RKBA section, I see that there are 8 threads about Barack Obama. All of them negative. There are three threads about John Mccain. Two of them negative, one positive.

Come on guys, this is your knight in shinning armor. Where are all the threads containing praise about John McCain? I mean, should such conservative gentlemen such as yourselves be commending John McCain and praising him on his conservative record?

Oh wait.

I know little about U.S. Politics, but i will bet you $50 that come November McCain will have his Ass in the oval office.
My word is good as i have done a few deals here on Gunboards and i will pay you in U.S. Bucks should i lose.
Are we on?
No shit talk, Just a Yes or No.
chester.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts