Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fell for a sweet potbelly from the local listings, and despite her ugly side, she followed me home.

She has a chip in her butt and some rust in her bore, but still she made into my car.

I am weak...

I have only seen this arrow once before, on a sear. Sestroyetsk. Just a piece of once will do... for now.
The one on the connector bar though, I haven't seen before, and I can't find any other arsenal stamp. Most of the bolt parts are bow and arrow Izhevsk except the knob which is current to the rifle. No matching numbers, in fact the buttplate looks almost Chinese, with a six digit number and no readily obvious arsenal mark.

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Connecting bar is a New England Westinghouse made part.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,912 Posts
Better punch your bore, cncman...

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,912 Posts
:)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,498 Posts
Not seeing the ugly at all. I've bought worse.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I bet it shoots great. I have a 1923 Tula - counterbored and with some pits in it, and it will still hit milk jugs at 200 yards. I bet your Finn will do better. I love that stock.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Very nice stock on that rifle. Congrats. I'd of probably succumbed and done the same. Hodge podge of parts on that rifle. Typical for a Finn captured rifle. Looks like one that must have escaped aid to the Spanish Civil War. Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts