Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I stopped by an out of town shop on my way back from a business meeting and I spotted this No1MkIII on the rack. It had a high price on it but was mostly complete with a matching bolt and nose cap. The forearm has been replaced a while back. It's a "Enfield" 1918 dated rifle. The bore is in great shape and the only thing I could find wrong was that the rear hand guard was missing the fingers. So I pulled it off to replace it and was surprised to find an FF in a circle on it. Any way just wanted to show it off.

Finestkind

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,491 Posts
Nice catch. My similar rifle also has a 1927 barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
If you would, could you post the action and serial numbers, less the last digit if you want to keep that secret. Helps build up the Irish rifle database I maintain. Just last week a rifle that was posted here had a feature that was new, the use of a repalcement 1956 BSA bolt body, so ever little bit of data helps, especially if your serial number range does not fall in the known serial number range..

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I remember I will get it tonight.

Finestkind
If you would, could you post the action and serial numbers, less the last digit if you want to keep that secret. Helps build up the Irish rifle database I maintain. Just last week a rifle that was posted here had a feature that was new, the use of a repalcement 1956 BSA bolt body, so ever little bit of data helps, especially if your serial number range does not fall in the known serial number range..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.