Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not to throw a wet rag on this great and important post but Trump has NOT conceded yet and just wait till early next week. I am being told that he will be using the military to get control back based on the illegal election controlled by other countries and his Insurrection Act he instituted 2 years ago. Maybe our fears will be more short term with Trump draining the swamp after next week and not long term from a Biden administration.

Just keep your Bug Out bags ready, be prepared for 2-3 weeks of a run on grocery stores and keep up the prayers for Trump and America. It can still happen. Trump is not giving up his life and reputation easily! He's been one of the very few we have been able to trust and rely on.

God Bless America!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just a general question, but how can a license be required (and taxes imposed) on something that has been legally owned for years?

I'm just curious, because I bought my AR over 15 years ago.

I can see imposing licensing/taxes on new purchases, but what's the justification for stuff that's been sitting in a gun safe for over a decade?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Redula,

You may be missing the entire idea of socilaism that biden and harris and the dems want to impose on us in this country. They can only hope to totally control us when we no longer have any ability to defend ourselves such as The Constitution provides. This is their overtly stated platform position. By any and all means, eventual confiscation is their goal! Forget the minor details and what might be or might not be currently legal, new or old, used frequently or hidden away in a safe.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just a couple of things.

1. I can buy good used S&W M&P, Deltons, & etc. in the pawn shops here right now around $700.00 and be ugh the an SKS yesterday at $499.00 plus tax which I plan to start a thread on when the weather clears and I can get decent pictures. Market’s not just crazy here but ARs are much less common than before.

2. I do not intend to pay attention or respect to the Harris/Biden administration or the House and Senate IF they actually get away with all this crap and get in. I am prepared, of course, for all my semi-auto and high capacity stuff to just vanish though. I’m just one of millions of posing ild men surrounded by people that love and respect our Constitution and detest those who don’t.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
My oh my. Why does even a thread about AR prices turn into a political thread? None of us has any control over politics until the next election, so why does this even matter? Isn't everyone sick of election talk in every thread by now?

·
Registered
25 Posts
People PLEASE stop using the term "assault weapon". There is NO SUCH THING. Even our military doesn't use it as I understand it. It is a made up term from the 1960's used by the anti gun crowd to scare people into believing a weapon is more than it really is.. An AR 15 or civilian AK 47 are NOT ASSAULT WEAPONS and every time we use the term we further the belief that they are "guns of war" which they are not. The FBI classifies them as RIFLES only and nothing else. Stop helping the anti gun crowd by using a made up term to scare people.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just a general question, but how can a license be required (and taxes imposed) on something that has been legally owned for years?

I'm just curious, because I bought my AR over 15 years ago.

I can see imposing licensing/taxes on new purchases, but what's the justification for stuff that's been sitting in a gun safe for over a decade?
The state of NJ pulled that back in (IIRC) 93-95 they made up a whole list of guns that were no longer legal, even some that were purchased with a NJ pistol permit! Owners had 3 choices 1, sell it out of state 2,render it inoperable, 3 donate it to a museum. If one was in possession of one it was a felony.
At the time I was not able to move from the state, I had a business, a house etc. I did make money on the things I had to sell but most are worth 10 times more now.
I am in a different position now, retired, no debt. It will be hard for someone with a lot of their life ahead of them to have to make a decision on whether or not to become a felon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was just in my local Impact Guns store - they had well over 20 S&W M&P 15 Sport IIs in the back room (and all of the empty boxes in a stack on the floor), and their entire AR/etc display wall was still full.

The M&P 15s were priced at $1,050 - the 20" barrel "M16A2" style AR by Windham Weaponry was $1,086 - there was a nice HK416 in 5.56 as well - and so on. The Impact Guns website lists 52 AR-15-type weapons in stock in my store.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was just in my local Impact Guns store - they had well over 20 S&W M&P 15 Sport IIs in the back room (and all of the empty boxes in a stack on the floor), and their entire AR/etc display wall was still full.

The M&P 15s were priced at $1,050 - the 20" barrel "M16A2" style AR by Windham Weaponry was $1,086 - there was a nice HK416 in 5.56 as well - and so on. The Impact Guns website lists 52 AR-15-type weapons in stock in my store.
Are those prices about the same as last year? I haven't kept up on the retail prices for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don’t post very often, but figured would get into the original topic. About 2-3 years ago I decided to see just how cheap I could build an AR. Using sales and inexpensive parts I was able to build one for around $325 all in. The gun is not a tack driver but is 2-3 MOA. Have around 5000 rounds thru it and has been very reliable. It will eat anything I feed it.
On the reverse I also around same time built one using premium parts. That one cost me about $1600. It has match grade barrel and is more accurate than I am, around 1/2 MOA. Also has around 5000 rounds thru it and has also been very reliable. Unfortunately I lost them both in a boating accident. The prices I see now are crazy. Don’t know if prices will return to those levels, but doubt it. Seems the biggest limiting thing is ammo at this time. Cheap steel cased 9mm at $25 when you can find it, is unbelievable. I was buying it for $7 box in bulk at one time. Good luck on finding good brass ammo for a decent price. Seems like the limiting factor on reloading is finding primers at this time.
anyway thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Darn, I bought a Colt AR-15 back in 2/1979 for $390, but since I live in a bad state, it has been living in a free state since 1986. NJ sucks.

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Here in WA State I just sold on consignment a Palmetto State AR carbine that I had 450 dollars in for just under $1000, no accessories and only one mag.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Darn, I bought a Colt AR-15 back in 2/1979 for $390, but since I live in a bad state, it has been living in a free state since 1986. NJ sucks.
What year did you leave the Peoples republic of NJ? Did you have any of the "Evil" guns on the banned list? I got out in 2011 after all of my life in NJ. The only things I miss is friends, bagels,Taylor ham, good bread and pizza.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts