Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of us are well situated after years of excess availability, bit how bad is out there for the AR-15 procrastinators out there looking to finally get themselves a black rifle?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
51,291 Posts
not seeing a big increase locally,
they went up maybe $100-150 bucks a few months ago, when you can find them,

for the basics, S&W Ruger etc,

even the boutique stuff (gucci named stuff) has not really gone up much,

remember , they have been relatively scarce and sell out quickly for a good 6 months or more

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not risk to spend $2000-3000 on something that maybe totally banned later...
From Biden’s website:

• Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,941 Posts
I'm with Lyman, they are up a little but not as bad as in times past, my guess is the lack of 556 ammo is keeping many from buying a second or third AR as they might have in times past (plus after 3 or 4 of these scares most everyone ought to have an AR by now ;)).

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can still buy the upper and lowers separately from PSA for around $600, and ammo for around 75 cents a round online using ammoseek. 70 cpr if you don't mind steel cased.
I saw a NIB Colt 6920 LE listed on a forum for $1350 a couple of days ago. Not great prices, but it is all currently available. I'd say if you want one, now is the time to get one. We know it won't be getting easier in the near future.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just saw a Colt LE6920 sell for $2000 on gunbroker, so I think the newbs are back, and only buying AR’s in Colt, Ruger, and Springfield again, “because of quality and stuff”

·
Registered
148 Posts
My buddy who follows such things tells me his Daniel Defense .300 blackout carbine and Knights Armament rifle have doubled in value. He may be right, but he’s also not selling them, so... I have my doubts. On the other hand, lots of newbs will insist on “the best” if they are paying panic prices on their first-and-intended-to-be-only scary black gun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you are willing to buy the parts and build your own, they are still relatively cheap - I would say in the $550 to $700 range for a "basic" AR15. Saw an M&P Sport II deal online this week for $700. Once you go above that "basic" level, prices seem to vary drastically. Ammo prices are still crazy but seem to have stabilized in recent weeks - depending on where you look, brass case can be found for anywhere between 65-80 cpr.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Glad I did that PSA black friday deal back in 2011, bare blemished lowers for $39.99. Got all kinds of bolts, springs, buffers, handles and complete uppers for $2000.00 and all the builds I have done are all still running strong.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
51,291 Posts
I'm with Lyman, they are up a little but as bad as in times past, my guess is the lack of 556 ammo is keeping many from buying a second or third AR as they might have in times past (plus after 3 or 4 of these scares most everyone ought to have an AR by now ;)).
lack of ammo has not stopped them from selling where I work at,

we get a dozen in and they are gone in a day, and we are out of ammo

and FWIW, a lot that I have talked to are new buyers,

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can go to palmetto and pick what parts you want and it would be about 850 ish. Lowers I've seen go for 200 to 400 depending on maker.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
My buddy who follows such things tells me his Daniel Defense .300 blackout carbine and Knights Armament rifle have doubled in value. He may be right, but he’s also not selling them, so... I have my doubts. On the other hand, lots of newbs will insist on “the best” if they are paying panic prices on their first-and-intended-to-be-only scary black gun.
There are always huge increases in value of the type of guns that people who declare that increase happen to already own themselves.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Gee, I thought I've been seeing cheap full gun models on big distributor sites for less than $750, am I making that up? IOW, my impression is that there's a glut.

Ammo is definitely the rub. I just had July backorders from one of those distributors backed up again, from the day after the election, to the day after the innauguration, to sometime in April. I hope. Don't miss those "confirm if you still want it" emails either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
chatting to FFL's 2 groups of people

1. Group buying cause they are going to ban them
2. Group not buying cause they are going to ban them
sort of balances out and price stays even, plenty near me at good prices

·
Registered
207 Posts
I started buying parts on sale for two uppers before the Covid hit , right when it hit I bought one complete BCM blemished lower $315 shipped and received , I kept waiting for another to hit on Gunbroker and finely went with a non blemished for $395 shipped . While watching for the price to fall I saw one go for $800 , most are in the upper $500 bracket now . My two builds were both BCM lowers / upper , LMT barrels , LMT BCG,s , BCG carry handles , al other parts BCM or LMT . Between the two builds I have about $950 each in them . I have been pricing for another build , and there is no way to build the same gun,s for that price now , I can't even source the parts from those two companies retail .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Only thing not sold out in my local shop are bolt actions, pistols and 3 cheap ARs. Few towns over there are no ARs left. I have sold him SKSs and a couple ARs which resold in just a couple hours. Pistols have decent turnover there. No new ARs coming in or much ammo. Mostly Tula but it sells in a couple hours. AR magazines sell out quickly. Sellers market but not crazy markup here.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
From Biden’s website:

• Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Over my dead body.

And you can take that to the bank..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts